Engine Type?

markkus757

Veteran
Jul 26, 2004
I realize that Amwest's and US' engines on the Airbus aircraft are different. And last time I checked, Amwest was still getting new frames delivered. My ? is this: are they different than what has been delivered and/or has US decided on an engine going forward.

P.S. - I know that you cannot swap engines on current aircraft, so no lectures as if I'm 12 still.

I don't know about mx, but I've flown Airbii with both IAE's and CFM's...from a pilot's standpoint, there is not much of a difference. (other than sound)

A differences section could be put in the pilots operating handbook to remedy the problem.

Just my two cents.

I realize that Amwest's and US' engines on the Airbus aircraft are different. And last time I checked, Amwest was still getting new frames delivered. My ? is this: are they different than what has been delivered and/or has US decided on an engine going forward.
P.S. - I know that you cannot swap engines on current aircraft, so no lectures as if I'm 12 still.

All the 320,319 orders are from AWA and they will be with the IAE V2500 A5 engines and the a/c is all awa conf. these are better engines then the cfm less mx problems and more power. no new narrow body orders have been made but the uppers say they will be like the awa config. if they do.

The A350s will have the GE90 engines, per a press release from GE.
Actually, the USA A350s will have the GEnx engines, which will first appear on the 787.

http://www.geae.com/aboutgeae/presscenter/...x_20051205.html

America West has 2 more A319 coming, in February, with IAE engines. Every thing else that was on orider is "deferred" until like 2009.

With just over 100 CFM powered A320 fam a/c from USA and just under 100 IAE powered from AmWest, there will be no changing engines to any one kind. Each fleet "type" has quantities of scale, already, because of its size. It's all one type-rating, so the pilots will need differences training only. But, what will power the 30 (combined -- 11 from one and 19 from the other -- I forget who had what (11 or 19) left to be delivered...) narrow-bodies that have been deferred? That deal is currently in the works and I would guess that whichever engine OEM comes up with the best price and "deal" will get the contract.

I would also hope that, before they ink any engine deal, that someone would study which engine is cheaper to maintain and which one is most fuel efficient.

<_< Question!---- Who's doing US Airway's heavy mainteance on your 767s??? That would be "C" checks and above! Just querious! :huh: