ENVOY Random Drug and Alcohol testing for Customer Services workgroups.

WeAAsles

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
67EFEE4A-364A-4577-9DB5-13710F3087F1.png

Pretty much only LUS leads (crew chiefs) were subject random drug testing. Probably a good idea to be clean as everyone is one minor ramp accident being terminated otherwise.

However, Homeland Security once considered a proposal that all people with a SIDA badge would be subject to credit checks, as the assumption being those with money problems could be influenced to smuggle contraband or be bribed for terrorist acts-- I suspect I would have moved ahead 15 years in seniority should that come to pass.

Alas...

For the TWU I think this is covered in our LAA contract and random tests are not allowed unless there is cause. Maybe Weez or NYer know for sure.

Last edited:
For the TWU I think this is covered in our contract and random tests are not allowed unless there is cause. Maybe Weez or NYer know for sure.

Article 29 (H) “Reasonable Cause”

Currently AA has guidelines for what constitutes reasonable cause. Can those guidelines be changed in the future to accommodate a random test scenario would be a good question?

The Stock Clerks at Tulsa are subject to testing when an accident in a company vehicle. If it is random it is those that drive.

Fleet Service was never subjected to randoms because they don't fall under any part of the DOT, like pilots, FAs and Mechanics...I would think that AA could change the policy themselves at any time due to the operation of heavy equipment...wonder what the TWU stance on that would be...

Fleet Service was never subjected to randoms because they don't fall under any part of the DOT, like pilots, FAs and Mechanics...I would think that AA could change the policy themselves at any time due to the operation of heavy equipment...wonder what the TWU stance on that would be...

I wonder what ultimately they could do if the Company pins it to being purely regarding Passenger and Employee safety? I would think the Union could argue that the program be distributed uniformly and adhering to specific guidelines.

I would monitor that specific individuals aren’t targeted such as Senior well paid Members against their more Junior counterparts.

Latest posts