ERJ-190 First Class ?

A330US

Senior
Aug 10, 2005
Since this is the newest plane in the fleet, are the first class seats new ? or the same as older airbus ones etc, because
it does have the blue leather seats though.
Anyone seen the first class on the E190 ?

Yep, the seats on the E190 are new. They are a different style, so we can tell they didn't try to be cheap with using old DC9 seats. Ha ha. It's a pretty nice plane, the galley up front is awful, but overall good plane and passengers seem to love it.

Since this is the newest plane in the fleet, are the first class seats new ? or the same as older airbus ones etc, because
it does have the blue leather seats though.
Anyone seen the first class on the E190 ?

take a look for yourself . go onto youtube.com and type in my screenname etops1 . i made a video walk through of the e-190.

It's the standard Embraer factory model FC seats, which are simply the Embraer coach seats but bigger. The only differences between the two are the headrests in the back adjust up and down only, the ones in First adjust both up and down and curl in. They have fold out tray tables and a pull out drink tray.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency between even the colors of the seats... the new 757 seats are the blue heat waves, the new 767 ones look like a different blue, and these are a darker blue leather with gray on the inside.

thats cool.
i have yet to be on a E190. they seem like mini airbuses to me.
however these planes dont look like they could last nearly as long as the 733/4s have lasted US

It is generally referred to as E190 or EMB190, they don't use ERJ for the large jets.

It's the standard Embraer factory model FC seats, which are simply the Embraer coach seats but bigger. The only differences between the two are the headrests in the back adjust up and down only, the ones in First adjust both up and down and curl in. They have fold out tray tables and a pull out drink tray.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency between even the colors of the seats... the new 757 seats are the blue heat waves, the new 767 ones look like a different blue, and these are a darker blue leather with gray on the inside.

The seat was nice but both drink and tray tables were flimsy and way too small. Also, there was some mechanical thing about the tray table I didn't like, but I cant remember.... something about the hinge on the wrong side. Not horrible, but instantly noticeable as being thoughtless design.

I find the position of the air vent in the FC lav awkward. No need to make sure you put the seat down--everything will get sprayed on the wall..

The tray table bows in the middle. Embraer offers three different types with the standard seat. US chose the cheapest.

The tray table bows in the middle. Embraer offers three different types with the standard seat. US chose the cheapest.
Usairways chose the cheapest? Oh come on you MUST be mistaken. :lol: Say what you want but I myself LOVE the space afforded in the first class galley during a meal service to DFW. And they B!tch abou the airbus. LORD. It's basically a really nice plane gone wrong thanks to the apes in the cage running this place. :lol:

US Airways E190. Dual class, with 11 First Class seats and a full two choice meal service, all supposed to be achieved from two half size carts. Buy On Board in coach with three choices. No IFE, not even boarding music, just a prerecorded safety announcement. Coach seat pitch is 31".

US_Airways_Embraer_EMB-190.gif

Now check out JetBlue's E190. Even though there is no meal service check out the GALLEY at 1R, and CLOSET at 1L. Don't forget the IFE at every seat. Coach seat pitch is 32-33".

JetBlue_Airways_Embraer_190.gif

Now which one is the low cost carrier? You know, where people aren't willing to pay for legroom, a closet to hang their coat, or IFE?

will it hold the weight of a can of coke ? or a lap top? then it does its job. It only bows under the gross weight of the typical FA's lunch box. :lol:

It's two pieces with a hinge in the middle. It doesn't lay flat. So yes it holds the Coke but it's crooked and tips over into the center. The meal tray is fine, it balances on the two ends of the tray. Laptops are more awkward particularly if they are smaller.

Latest posts

Back