Embraer 190 Open House in Phoenix

Thinking about the Size of the Aircraft and what is going to be required, I do not see the PHL-DFW being much of a problem service wise but I do think PHL-MHT or PVD may be a problem offering Full Service to a Full Aircraft. Years Ago the F-28's had decent service but we only had Four Seats up Front so after the F/C were taken care of the A F/A was able to assist in the Coach Cabin rather quickly. But, Midaway's F100's had 99 seats and only Two F/A's and they did a decent job with Two Classes of Service. I guess Time will Tell.

Most NW DC-9 have just 2 flight attendant (-30 anyway... and the retired -10) and they get it done as well. However, I've noticed, they sometimes have a third person depending on route/load/service.

When I lived in Omaha, and frequently flew TWA through St. Louis, packed full MD-80 would get a full beverage service on the 40 minute flight. But they put a 4th F/A on board to facilitate. Same with STL-ORD.

Most NW DC-9 have just 2 flight attendant (-30 anyway... and the retired -10) and they get it done as well. However, I've noticed, they sometimes have a third person depending on route/load/service.

When I lived in Omaha, and frequently flew TWA through St. Louis, packed full MD-80 would get a full beverage service on the 40 minute flight. But they put a 4th F/A on board to facilitate. Same with STL-ORD.
Jax, That would require out of the Box Thinking. Please DO NOT expect that from this Management. The only way they could do this is to be HANDS ON, running the Airline on a Daily Basis. We ALL KNOW, ALL DP and his Money Hungry Boys care about is the Delta Merger and how much Money THEY WILL MAKE on the Deal.

MD80's were always required to have a minimum of 4 FA's. Maybe they put on a 5th as we used to on meal flights?

A while before the MD-80 was retired from Usairways the D position was eliminated. The a/c flew with three. I stopped flying it in PIT when that happened. It became the slave ship. It was horribly long and to get a beverage out on a short flight was almost impossible. The D position went away infact right after we dropped the D on the 737-400.

A while before the MD-80 was retired from Usairways the D position was eliminated. The a/c flew with three. I stopped flying it in PIT when that happened. It became the slave ship. It was horribly long and to get a beverage out on a short flight was almost impossible. The D position went away infact right after we dropped the D on the 737-400.
Oh, sorry. For some reason, I thought the capacity of the M80 was over 150, thus requiring 4 FA's. I stand corrected.

I thought the capacity of the M80 was over 150, thus requiring 4 FA's.
They may have been at one point - probably before putting in F/C. But that doesn't mean that TWA's were configured with enough seats to require 4 F/A's. It's the airline's configuration of the aircraft (# of seats) that determines the minimum F/A complement, not the aircraft type.

Jim

The 190 is gonna be easy to work. Does anyone remember mainlines 170? Come on....ITS 99 passengers. Its not rocket science. Good god. I am just happy that it will go junior. I would just like to say thanks to all te senior f/a's in advance for not wanting to fly this aircraft. I cant wait to fly it. Finally a clean a/c that all the passengers will be happy with... :up: I will take those 7 hr one day dfw turns... :up:

Depending on how they build these trips will determine if it goes senior or junior. Give this a/c commutable trips and it will go senior. Many pick the trips simply on what time it leaves and arrives. They don't care about in between if it means finishing their obligated time and getting out of here. I'm with you though. I hope it goes junior. I'm on it and WILL make it work. ;)

Latest posts

Back