Exit Financing A La Francaise?

N230UA said:
One can only assume that this "certain star partner" is co-bankruptcy endurer, Air Canada (Eh Canada).
Actually, I think it could be former banckruptcy/current in-lotsa-trouble, USAir. Didn't they cancel a bunch of Airbus orders?

I don't think it can really be called an aircraft order, since that sounds more like a purchase. There is reason to believe it will be a transfer of assets. :D

I find this threads progression interesting and more of the "shoot the messenger" and misrepresentation by United employees due to their frustration with the bankruptcy process and because of the potential fragmentation of United.

However, to set the record straight, US Airways has a pending order for 29 Airbus aircraft including A330s, A321s, and A320s to be delivered between 2007 and 2009. In addition, the 400 A320 family aircraft order is still available, if so desired.

Meanwhile, there is reason to believe US Airways could reach an agreement for additional used A330s in the near future. Also noteworthy US Airways CEO Dave Siegel told Air Transport World last month the Arlington-based airline will ultimately fly to 20 European destinations from Philadelphia, doubling the number of non-stop transatlantic city pairs.

Separately, United's Star Alliance and domestic code share partner US Airways just received approval from the DOT for a separate bi-lateral alliance with Lufthansa per the link below:

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.cfm?doc...&docketid=15946

Everything is "good to go" except the Lufthansa City Line which needs some additional security approval and is pending.

Respectfully,

Chip

Chip Munn said:
Also noteworthy US Airways CEO Dave Siegel told Air Transport World last month the Arlington-based airline will ultimately fly to 20 European destinations from Philadelphia, doubling the number of non-stop transatlantic city pairs.

Separately, United's Star Alliance and domestic code share partner US Airways just received approval from the DOT for a separate bi-lateral alliance with Lufthansa
There is reason to believe that you will soon see Dave meant people can fly to 20 cities in Europe on U flight numbers but on non-U *A metal.

And a closer U/LH relationship? Start saying auf wiedersehen to your Germany flights on U metal...

Sorry...European flying will NOT be on U metal. The * A doesn't charge for liquor and headsets, and they aren't about to begin that. U will be the feeder for the rest of the Alliance. Watch

Chip Munn said:
However, to set the record straight, US Airways has a pending order for 29 Airbus aircraft including A330s, A321s, and A320s to be delivered between 2007 and 2009. In addition, the 400 A320 family aircraft order is still available, if so desired.
Interesting,

Because my sources recently told me that Airbus has a large number of 320, 321, and 330 aircraft waiting for a paint job, which could be part of an exit plan for UA. Also, TK is gearing up to be at full tilt on airbus training very shortly. Perhaps an interesting transaction is afoot afterall, but not the kind you have been talking about for years now.

Just curious... You said in another post that you understand now that the final format could change. Is this a disclaimer incase the plot you've been hoping for doesn't come true, or do you care to give some detail?

Also, why are you so concerned with a perceived misrepresentation over here on the UA board? Is this any different than your misrepresentation of UA on the US board?

Respectfully,

767jetz

Chip Says "In addition, the 400 A320 family aircraft order is still available, if so desired.
Airbus says "It is desirable that we go through with this order to someone,if not you" Of course I made this up but who knows? one last point the LCO will use A320 family aircraft.Also heard that Southwest will announce a new city soon,like possible next week,my buddies at Southwest claim Pit is one of the strongest rumored citys?