Exit Financing & The Future

700UW:

700UW said: “Lets see, how many times did you spout the UCT/ICT with United?â€

USA320Pilot comments: I never said it would occur, I said it was being discussed by the parties and disclosed some specific terms.Shortly before his departure, Dave Siegel admitted the transaction was his and David Bronner’s desire in front of the F/O and myself on our jumpseat. Moreover, Bronner spoke of his interest in 4 separate news media interviews. Siegel told us the reason it did not occur was because SARS and the Iraqi War did not last long and UAL did not violate DIP financing terms.

700UW said: Lets see you said the company would win the airbus arbitration.

USA320Pilot comments: It was my opinion the company would win the A320 overhaul arbitration, but they did not. That’s different than the UCT/ICT, which was fact and offers were presented. In regard to the A320 overhaul, how many of the aircraft have had heavy maintenance performed by US Airways. US Airways will bring A320 heavy maintenance in-house and outsource other maintenance and will furlough thousands of employees in the process.

700UW said: You said the company would envoke the "Painful" cause in the IAM M&R contract. There is no such clause and nothing was envoked. You said the company would move base mtc to an undesirable location where english was not the main langauge and that you could not commute to and from.

USA320Pilot comments: How much more painful does it have to be? What’s happening to your job and work group? I never said maintenance would not be the main language. I said overhaul could be outosurced where english is not spoken very well. Instead the IAM is going to provide the largest employee group cost cuts, much greater than the “askâ€. However, as you said, “the concession stand is closedâ€, until it was kicked wide open by the bankruptcy court.

With all due respect, I don’t "hate the player or the game", but when would now be a good time for you to “confront reality†(for the first time)?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
With all due respect, I don’t "hate the player or the game", but when would now be a good time for you to “confront realityâ€￾ (for the first time)?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="241705"][/post]​

Do you write things like this with a straight face?

When are you gonna be able to admit when you are wrong?

You have spewed hundreds of times about the UCT/ICT, you said Bronner was gonna cherry pick UAL's assets if they did not survive bankruptcy, do you want me to go search your posts and prove to you what you said?

And it took a bankruptcy judge to TEMPORARILY allow outsourcing of the 320.

And like I said compare the Term sheet to the final proposal and the "pain" is much less.

Why don't you confront reality, you are constantly shown to be wrong and not once can you act like an adult and admit it.

And dont worry about me, I have been very busy the past three months doing something more important then working for US Airways, and I will be just fine.

Don't worry, your wallet will open up once again and you will gladly give Glass more because you are a scared individual.

I mean you told the whole board you were quitting yet you are still here.

And at least my wallet will never open for Glass ever again.

Obviously not a hell of a lot considering the fact many people are now working beyond their planned retirement years because they lost their complete retirement savings to the trust of the so-called experts. Rico try again, your batting average stinks.

You mean those vested in the Retirement Systems of Alabama...?

You try again, the RSA has a outstanding track record under Dr. Bronner. He has led that plan to Buffet-esque success over his tenure.

I am NOT talking about personal investors in the stock market or other securities. I am talking about venture capital invested in a manner in which they can maximize return for what they consider a small investment.

Like Soros' 175Million into starting jetBlue. That kind of investing.

And what do you mean about my "batting average"....?

I was not one of the ones that said the 1 Billion in concessions would never be obtained. Not one of the ones that said if the IAM contract was abrogated that they would strike. Not one of the ones that predicted US Airways would have been shut down by the ATSB or some other creditor months ago...

Nope. I have been positive and optimistic about US Airways. It is the naysayers that have been flat out wrong so far.

My point in this thread is that there is money to be made by those willing and able to risk it on this airline. And that being the case, exit financing CAN (if not already) be found.

Rico said:
My point in this thread is that there is money to be made by those willing and able to risk it on this airline.
[post="241709"][/post]​

Yup, that's why they've been lined up around the block vieing to put money into this place....

Jim

700UW:

700UW said: "That is why GECAS is taking back 25 planes too."

USA320Pilot comments: As you have been told, last summer Bruce Lakefield told every union that GECAS wanted to repossess up to 30 mainline aircraft and return them to the lessor because they could be leased to other airline’s at a higher lease rate. Lakefield said that US Airways had negotiated lease rates lower than market value during bankruptcy 1 and the only way to maintain the 279 minimum fleet count was to avoid bankruptcy.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Wrong buddy,

Former VP of Finance and treasurer Eilif Serck-Hanssen informed the IAM M&R negotiating committee GE and other lendors wanted over 30 planes back with an upward limit of 60 total.

And there were 60 planes above market rates that they were not able to renegotiate in the 1st bankruptcy that US was looking to give back.

Were you at the meeting with Glass, Hansen, Baldanza, Hemenway, Presitflipo, McKeen and others?

Did not see you there, where were you?

700UW:

700UW said: "Were you at the meeting with Glass, Hansen, Baldanza, Hemenway, Presitflipo, McKeen and others?"

USA320Pilot comments: No, I was in the meeting with Bruce Lakefield. By the way, do you remember when I told you last August that GECAS would take back aircraft if the company entered bankruptcy? Furthermore, which union provided the greatest amount of concessions and by that standard suffered the greatest amount of "pain"?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Hmmm,

Yeah, I guess you guys are right, they went this far, without thinking of someone to provide exit financing. :huh:

Wait, you guys have been wrong on a lot of things lately, so...

Gee, they MIGHT HAVE thought of lining up exit financing afterall... :D

Keep dodging the issues.

Werent you the first to tell the boards US was going to buy UAL in an ICT/UCT, then you switched it to Northwest?

Didn't you tell the whole board the IAM was going to lose the airbus arbitration?

Didn't you tell the whole board the company was going to envoke the "painful" clause in the IAM M&R Contract?

Didn't you tell the whole board that US was going to move Heavy Mtc to an undesirable location?

You batting average is 1000 on being wrong.

Keep trying though.

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

700UW said: "Were you at the meeting with Glass, Hansen, Baldanza, Hemenway, Presitflipo, McKeen and others?"

USA320Pilot comments: No, I was in the meeting with Bruce Lakefield. By the way, do you remember when I told you last August that GECAS would take back aircraft if the company entered bankruptcy? Furthermore, which union provided the greatest amount of concessions and by that standard suffered the greatest amount of "pain"?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="241765"][/post]​

USA320Pilot:

Everything has been decided by all of the unions on
the property. The contracts are all in place and the
ball is in the court of US Airways BOD. It's useless to
continue to bicker with 700UW and the rest who are
not good sports when they lose. They will continue
to dispute you regardless of what you say and they
haven't a leg to stand on.

Latest posts