Us Airways Strategic Analysis

USA320Pilot said:
The issue with UA employees is that they do not like US employees; they want a pre-nuptial seniority list giving their employee super seniority if a merger occurs,
[post="255432"][/post]​

2 points on which you are dead wrong.

First, UA employees do not dislike US employees. UA employees dislike you and the very small minority like you. (See mweiss' comments above for a clue as to why.) But then again, most US employees do not like you either. So we are apparently in good company. Although indifference would be a more accurate term, as you are insignificant to most people's reality.

Second, you are obviously emotional with regard to your past choices and are still taking the pre-nuptual issue WAY too personally. It had nothing to do with hatred or feelings toward US employees. I know it is hard for someone like you to comprehend, but it had nothing to do with YOU. It was a business transaction. And based on the circumstances at that time, it was about protecting what was morally and legally and contractually ours.

We all know that given the chance you would gladly to take that which is rightfully someone elses. ie: A job; a widebody seat; or even someone's identity (yeah, that's right... ala Valuejet/Airtran.) All of which will remain a fantasy for you to dream of.

Guess someone does not know the meaning of credibility at all.

Simply amazing.

Just in case anyone was wondering, there's no new BK filings today related to a plan of reorganization or putting off the deadline for filing a POR.

At least not on the Donlin, Recano, and Company website that list the filings.

Jim

Another interesting tidbit that may impact U - or the AWAC deal's effects on U.

From early Jan 05:

----
A regional airline based at Lambert Airport plans to be airborne by next summer, according to documents filed with the federal Department of Transportation.

GoJet Airlines LLC would serve as a regional feeder for bankrupt United Airlines, flying 70-seat jets to destinations served by United and United Express, the filing said. The company hopes to start flights on Aug. 1, although a federal bankruptcy judge must approve its service agreement with United.
----

GoJet is a new subsidiary of Trans States Holdings, parent of Trans States Airlines.

Now from today:

----
March 14 (Bloomberg) -- Bombardier Inc., the world's third- largest aircraft maker, received an order valued at about $317 million for 10 regional jets from Trans States Holdings Inc.'s GoJet Airlines.

The order may be worth as much as $1.61 billion if options for 40 more of the CRJ700 planes are exercised, Bombardier said today in a statement. GoJet, a St. Louis-based subsidiary of Trans States Holdings, will operate the aircraft as part of the United Express fleet.
----

A possible AWAC replacement for UAL???

Jim

700UW said:
Well it would be a little difficult for Davis to invest, he died 9/25/2004.
[post="255376"][/post]​

Oh my. I did not know. Too bad for US Airways... He always seemed interested in a deal...

BoeingBoy said:
The sources that gave the info I posted - MEC reps - didn't quote Lakefield as saying anything like "the list [of potential investors] is long" in the meeting, but that doesn't mean he didn't say it there (though from what he is reported as saying it seems somewhat unlikely).

I'd have to go back and try to figure out which newspaper article first mentioned the "the list is long" quote, but I think it may have been the one by Dan Fitzpatrick in the PIT paper. He was reportedly (by USA320) as being at the meeting location - not in the meeting itself - and talked to management & employees (presumably pilots, since it was an ALPA meeting).

My personal interpretation (FWIW) is that they are talking to anybody who will accept their call. Something like if I wanted to borrow $1 million so I tear the "Banks" section out of the yellow pages and start making calls. If asked how many people I was talking to, I could certainly say "the list is long".....

Jim

oh, the info I posted was from the MEC quarterly meeting, so semi-private - only open to U pilots (including MEC members) and invited guests (like Lakefield, etc).
[post="255421"][/post]​

I completely agree...

Mike Boyd thinks the glut of RJs will start making their way to the desert, but yet regional carriers keep ordering more. What is the deal with this? Just the only way to acquire new aircraft and add capacity since all the majors are broke?

whlinder said:
Mike Boyd thinks the glut of RJs will start making their way to the desert, but yet regional carriers keep ordering more. What is the deal with this? Just the only way to acquire new aircraft and add capacity since all the majors are broke?
[post="255560"][/post]​

The regionals are being propped up with fee-for-departure schemes that guarantee them a profit. If they had to stand on their own, they'd collapse in short order. They're just going to ride the major airline dog as long as they can. Look at Independence Air. Loosing money like crazy with their stand alone RJ service. RJs have CASMs around 20 cents and up . . . like double that of a narrow body airliner.

whlinder said:
[post="255560"][/post]​

The way I read Boyd's views on RJs, he's talking about the 50 seaters, and as far as I know, nobody is ordering any more of them in any significant quantities. Even AMR canceled its final 18 ERJ 50 seater orders late last year and will accept its last one this summer.

The 70-90 seaters have become the hot commodity, and I don't think Boyd is talking about them when he predicts that the RJs' heyday is over.

By the way did you see the recent news report on another UA & US merger attempt?

Yeah, well I also saw a news report that claims Michael Jackson doesn't fondle pre-teenage boys. Doesn't mean it's true, though

FWAAA said:
The 70-90 seaters have become the hot commodity, and I don't think Boyd is talking about them when he predicts that the RJs' heyday is over.
[post="255773"][/post]​
Its been a while since I've read his thoughts on the issue, so you're probably right. It will be interesting to see whether or not the 70-90 seaters are 'over-ordered' in the rush to get them flying in the marketplace.

And Bombardier is supposed to decide this week whether to build a 110 to 130 seater.....

Jim