Express Carrier Name

USFlyer

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
Now that the merger is proceeding, has there been any official talk or rumors on how the turboprop/RJ service operated by affiliates will be branded?  I'm assuming the American Eagle flights will stay American Eagle.  However, are the others (Piedmont, PSA, Air Wisconsin, Mesa, etc.) going to be branded as American Connection (which AA had previously said it would stop using) or American Eagle or something else?

Reactions: 1 person
They will be branded as American Eagle, operated by PSA,Piedmont, Skywest,etc etc etc. The question is what will existing Eagles name change to?

Unless Parker has a different idea...AA was already doing away with American Connection and branding all its regional flights as American Eagle...whether they're operated by Eagle or the non-owned carriers.  So, I would say American Eagle it is.

Aw come on, somebody has to say it.. "the Hitler youth!"  :)  RR (and if your browser does not support it, please note my smiley face inclusion)

Reed Richards said:
Aw come on, somebody has to say it.. "the Hitler youth!"  :)  RR (and if your browser does not support it, please note my smiley face inclusion)
Reed Richards said:
American Outsource?

USFlyer said:
Now that the merger is proceeding, has there been any official talk or rumors on how the turboprop/RJ service operated by affiliates will be branded?  I'm assuming the American Eagle flights will stay American Eagle.  However, are the others (Piedmont, PSA, Air Wisconsin, Mesa, etc.) going to be branded as American Connection (which AA had previously said it would stop using) or American Eagle or something else?
Will Piedmont be around much longer? Four frames gone by the end of the year and either two or three leaving the fleet next year. I have been hearing for at least 6 or 7 years now that a search is on for more Dash's, but so far none.

LOL I can see the Eagle logos on those Dashes they never bothered to paint from the last merger.

Eaglet - means baby eagle.
A crappy name for a crappy ride on a crappy little jet with crappy service and crappy amenities, going to crappy little places with crews with crappy attitudes.
Have a crappy day.

Oh my. Autocorrect screwed me again! Disregard and replace the 'crappy's with 'happy'. That's what I really meant ;)

Reactions: 1 person
Having PSA and Piedmont as American Eagle. Maybe they will call the current AE "Us airways"
American Eagle operated by US airways.....
Seems they like to hold on to the names of merged airlines.

bikeguy said:

Seems they like to hold on to the names of merged airlines.

Not all of them.  Only the post-deregulation merged carriers with really exceptional, notable reputations of their own.  They simply wanted to keep those names from reappearing on new competitors.  

I doubt you will see the USAir(ways) name ever resurrected on a regional carrier by AAL or anyone else.

nycbusdriver said:

Not all of them.  Only the post-deregulation merged carriers with really exceptional, notable reputations of their own.  They simply wanted to keep those names from reappearing on new competitors.  

I doubt you will see the USAir(ways) name ever resurrected on a regional carrier by AAL or anyone else.
You just might be right. I know the US Air(Airways) name might not be the best in the industry. I have worked here for two years and I think it's an OK company. I listen to the old timers and they don't have much good to say about anything related to US Airways. Some are still real bitter about the past.
I hope this merger will put the past in the past.
So if not US Airways for American Eagle how about TWA?

bikeguy said:
You just might be right. I know the US Air(Airways) name might not be the best in the industry. I have worked here for two years and I think it's an OK company. I listen to the old timers and they don't have much good to say about anything related to US Airways. Some are still real bitter about the past.
I hope this merger will put the past in the past.
So if not US Airways for American Eagle how about TWA?

How about "eAAgle eXXpress"?   LOL!