Extension of CARES act less likely

Republicans are already on board and in line to support an extension as well as Trump supporting and waiting for one. It's Pelosi and crew holding the extension from becoming reality (the democrats). They are demanding too much on an agenda to try and purposely over budget to increase the debt while Trump is at the helm. They are also demanding to keep the 600 over state unemployment, should be more like 300 and slowly weened off of it. They are also demanding funds for all the rioting cities t where they destroyed businesses and infrastructure to rebuild and make the taxpayers pay for it, no way. They destroyed their cities by them let them live in the filth they brought onto themselves.

Well we are still in a pandemic........ help is still needed! Those airline workers (some my compatriots) and other workers will need help if anything doesn't happen by tonight. The furloughs will happen, since plans are already in motion to operate - minus those employees.

Why is a trillion dollars more a problem? State and Local governments need help as well. Not all cities and states are "burning down" - well CA is...... USPS also needs help, just like the airlines.

This money will help shore up ALL states, since they can't increase deficits. And the operating funds for FEMA and other things (which is being used for "enhanced UI") will have to be replenished since we are still in hurricane season. (BTW: where is the Infrastructure Bill that was promised 3 years ago?) More than likely be a compromise on UI, - probably 300 - 400 dollars, depending on how fast the economy recovers. People need confidence that they won't get sick (and or die) when going out or partaking in leisure activities. Managing this pandemic has to be done before the economy can get back up to profitable levels, and people's confidence that their finances and health will be all right, so they can spend more. The holidays will be coming soon, and that will be another test of what spending trends will look like. Hopefully they will be improvements.

Politicians are being short sighted, since we will all have to pay for it sooner or later. These are different times, and 2020 will be one helluva year.

And it's not over yet...............

Well we are still in a pandemic........ help is still needed! Those airline workers (some my compatriots) and other workers will need help if anything doesn't happen by tonight. The furloughs will happen, since plans are already in motion to operate - minus those employees.

Why is a trillion dollars more a problem? State and Local governments need help as well. Not all cities and states are "burning down" - well CA is...... USPS also needs help, just like the airlines.

This money will help shore up ALL states, since they can't increase deficits. And the operating funds for FEMA and other things (which is being used for "enhanced UI") will have to be replenished since we are still in hurricane season. (BTW: where is the Infrastructure Bill that was promised 3 years ago?) More than likely be a compromise on UI, - probably 300 - 400 dollars, depending on how fast the economy recovers. People need confidence that they won't get sick (and or die) when going out or partaking in leisure activities. Managing this pandemic has to be done before the economy can get back up to profitable levels, and people's confidence that their finances and health will be all right, so they can spend more. The holidays will be coming soon, and that will be another test of what spending trends will look like. Hopefully they will be improvements.

Politicians are being short sighted, since we will all have to pay for it sooner or later. These are different times, and 2020 will be one helluva year.

And it's not over yet...............

As one who considers themselves a fiscal conservative I do tend to agree with this.
These are tough times all over, some improvements are going on but yes people tend to look for economic hope.
I don’t want the government responsible for all our needs but this is not a time for all the partisanship and bickering.
Get it done move on and hopefully sometime next year we see improvements.

Whitehouse says 2.2 trillion dollar house bill is too much and won’t accept that deal.
So all bets are off if there will be a new deal.
What a bunch of sorry ass congress men an women we have and yes now up to the whitehouse as folks scramble to get their lives back and these idiots can’t agree on something
Fire them all

Well " VO " and " TOW BAR ", I can understand your frustration / Pain.

N O W, go and tell those things to the ARSE-HOLES n the REPUBLICAN SENATE !!

And IF it Turns out that Folks " Hit-the-street ", mortgages aren't met, Divorces rise and (GOD Forbid) Suicides occur, DON'T be BOO - HOO-ing to Nancy Pelosi !!

Well " VO " and " TOW BAR ", I can understand your frustration / Pain.

N O W, go and tell those things to the ARSE-HOLES n the REPUBLICAN SENATE !!

And IF it Turns out that Folks " Hit-the-street ", mortgages aren't met, Divorces rise and (GOD Forbid) Suicides occur, DON'T be BOO - HOO-ing to Nancy Pelosi !!

So all the republicans voted for the Bill, no Dems did and its the Republicans fault. The Repubs initial proposed just extending the original bill (It would be easy and done a month ago) the Dems said no. The Repubs changed their bill 3-4 times each time moving towards the Dems by spending more and each time Pelosi said all $2 trillion or nothing (most of which has nothing to do with COVID relief), yet it is the Republicans fault. People are idiots at consuming news in this country and it is exactly why we have most of the problems we do have! Wake up Americans!

Stupid.jpg

Toolboxes are already being rolled out.
Really? Can't they wait a little longer like United is putting layoffs off for one more month (I think it was United) at least for a couple more weeks. They just said on my local news that they were still working on an extension.

So sad 32K airline employees are being furloughed through no fault of their own. Hopefully they'll get recalled very soon
It is sad robbed. If they can get the vaccine out by end of this year I would think that the flying would come back starting in the spring 2021. If not by then, even with an extension, our industry will get hit even harder IMO...

CNN had an OP-ED yesterday that we are never going back to normal even after COVID and they were very happy about that. This is the new normal, controlling the populace with fear, there will always be the flu or some new unknown virus, etc.. Politicians are power hungry and they have learned this is way more power than anything they have tried before, its all encompassing and almost any excuse will do, as a public health issue.

CNN had an OP-ED yesterday that we are never going back to normal even after COVID and they were very happy about that. This is the new normal, controlling the populace with fear, there will always be the flu or some new unknown virus, etc.. Politicians are power hungry and they have learned this is way more power than anything they have tried before, its all encompassing and almost any excuse will do, as a public health issue.

I think there will be an armed revolution before Americans allow these things to be the new normal
There are already states removing mask mandates
People need to live and move on

So all the republicans voted for the Bill, no Dems did and its the Republicans fault. The Repubs initial proposed just extending the original bill (It would be easy and done a month ago) the Dems said no. The Repubs changed their bill 3-4 times each time moving towards the Dems by spending more and each time Pelosi said all $2 trillion or nothing (most of which has nothing to do with COVID relief), yet it is the Republicans fault. People are idiots at consuming news in this country and it is exactly why we have most of the problems we do have! Wake up Americans!

The republicans may have brought about bills and voted and I agree a clean extension would be better but we are past that now.
People’s livelihoods are now being effective
Find a compromise that the wicked witch Pelosi can agree to and get it done

activist channel with activist presenters. i stopped watching CNN a few years ago.