F/a Leader Says 'well Dry'

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Flight attendants leader says 'well dry' on further sacrifices

Tuesday, February 10, 2004
By Dan Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

As US Airways' flight attendants prepare to meet tomorrow with airline chief executive Officer David Siegel, the head of US Airways flight attendants union unleashed a blistering attack against management and vowed to resist "any discussions" about "more sacrifices."

Article

Jim

Hmmm, I bet I can guess who those MEC members are who agree with Hayes?

PIT/PHL/DCA

I gather its not CLT Hearn. Traveled with a CLT crew over the weekend, and they said that Hearn maybe running for reelection in his base. Guess what, word is he won't make it. Flight attendants are disenchanted with this leader that they say had the gall to invite Jerry Glass to their local union meeting to address the flight attendants this past fall.

They call him Benedict Arnold and a suck-up to management.

It will be interesting how this pans out for Airways.

usfliboi said:
WHO CARES! Focus on survival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We all know you are cheerleader for this sorry excuse of a management team on here promoting their must do tactics least we perish rhetoric. :ph34r:

Guess what, WHO CARES :down:

Usfliboi,

Me thinks you maybe in for an ice-cold-shower awakening.. B)

Its your group of leaders who will vote. Better get busy convincing them; not us.

LOl Im not a cheerleader for anyone! Who ever or whatever can make us survive Im all for it. Not withstanding the unions we will survive. If this team isnt the people to do it then time will tell real soon . In the mean time Im all for survival . Hard to believe you wouldnt be?

It sure all SOUNDS GOOD... Now hopefully they'll back what they say by going in and Fighting for the Flight Attendants Rather than Caving In as soon as the Threats start up AGAIN !!!!!!!!! ;)

USFLIBOI: i AM FINALLY GOING TO MAKE SOME COMMENTS CONCERNING YOUR POST(s)!

I have only been following this sight for a little over a month now, and your posts stand out as somewhat (or rather majorly) disturbing. DELETED BY MODERATOR But in all fairness to all who take the time to post, I attempt to muddle through and try to digest just what has been stated. It often means I have to go back and re-read your lengthy posts, just to make some sense of it all. It would be very disturbing if you were ever in a position to be writing a Union Contract, since punctuation, grammar, spelling, wording and paragraphs are critical.

Secondly, I gather you work for U and are or have been a F/A. That becomes even more disturbing, in light of your OPIONIONS/FACTS that you continue to post.
I have refrained up until now on calling you out on some of your posts, as I felt it wouldn't be productive or beneficial, as I have concluded that what you are really trying to say is that you just need some "Attention".

Thirdly, I am sadly aware, that it is "voices" such as yours that will surely make a mockery out of this Great Aviation Industry.

I don't always agree with my fellow co-workers and I don't always agree with my Union. That is the really beauty of living in this country. We have the privilege of having an opinion and of making an honest livinig.

Lastly, and maybe even more importantly, is that we have the privilege and the freedom to stand up for what is WRONG. To fight for what is OURS and to maintain our integrity without humiliation from Corporate Greed and bad management.

I love this Company for its Legacy and for what it was intended to be. And I also love my ancestors and those that came before me who handed down their legacies so that I would have the freedom to be what I was "intended to be".

I, for one, will not lay down and bleed anymore. You should be ashamed that you are so willing to lay down and sell your self out for the sake of the Management.

So, If you willing to come out of all of this without a dollar in your pocket or you are simply looking for "Attention", then that becomes your legacy and I feel sorry for you.

Enough Said. WHEW!!!!

usfliboi said:
LOl Im not a cheerleader for anyone! Who ever or whatever can make us survive Im all for it. Not withstanding the unions we will survive. If this team isnt the people to do it then time will tell real soon . In the mean time Im all for survival . Hard to believe you wouldnt be?
USfliboi, maybe everyone else thinks that it will be just like the "good ole days"...
Your airline goes out of business; so, you just pick up your stuff and go across the street to a surviving airline. Sure you have to start over, but you're still in the airline business.

Take it from someone who has been applying to other airlines now for over 7 months. Tain't happening. If you are a f/a, keep in mind that American Airlines alone has almost 6,000 flight attendants on furlough. If I remember correctly, US Airways has almost that many. Just as there are too many seats chasing too few butts, there are too many out of work flight attendants chasing too few openings. I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that the same is true for pilots, mechanics, rampers, etc.

Hang in there. I hope US Airways makes it. I can tell you that being on the outside looking in, ain't no fun.

Ktfly, you state that you have just recently come to this board.... well, maybe you should go back and read, or reread the rules. Because one of the VERY first things I noticed was that insults and digs at other posters grammer, spelling etc is not in good taste. Obviously we all make spelling and gramatical mistakes, especially in the heat of the moment. But you say you love your ancestors, this country blah blah blah.. Well, how about the right to have an OPINION, and just because it doesn't agree with yours is no reason to be so hostile!!! So, I would suggest to come off your high and mighty judgemental views if ya wanna continue to post!!

Alright everyone, lets just worry about your own posts and not try to correct others. Everyone has a bad typing day and if the posts are too hard to read from bad grammar and lack of paragraphs and punctuation, skip them.
Thanks.

jimntx said:
... Just as there are too many seats chasing too few butts...
That's not true. Management's number one failure continues to be acting as if it is true. Pursuing the economics of scarcity and attempting to artificially (re)create that scarcity is what has gotten them into this mess and it is what keeps them there.

Meanwhile the LCC's are applying the economics of growth -- that's why they succeed.

Bob,

Here's an AFA idea for you...

If management reveals a plan ,AND NOT JUST GIVE AFA THE STATE OF THE COMPANY again (we've already heard the the state of the company from every newspaper and televisions station across the country), then I personally would expect as a member of AFA, for management to present the business plan to me, too, .

AND THEN I EXPECT MY UNION LEADERS TO BALLOT THE MEMBERS AND WE WILL TELL THEM IF WE WANT TO PARTICIPATE, IF WE CAN PARTICIPATE and change our contracts to fit the needs of the company! This time, it will be different. Leaders will not just go to the table without permission from the members. Which means, the members need to know "the plan".

So, before you start spuing your crap about AFA being fresh out of ideas....put that in your cap, my man.

Kitty comments:"Lastly, and maybe even more importantly, is that we have the privilege and the freedom to stand up for what is WRONG. To fight for what is OURS and to maintain our integrity without humiliation from Corporate Greed and bad management."

PITbull replies: Couldn't have said that satement better or more clear! Bravo! :up:

Ill say this! None of us has a "right" to work here. Nothing here is "ours" We dont have a "right" to earn a paycheck for anything we havent worked for. This company we do not own. The union "hype" coming from the "uppas" ? This is all PR at its best. Nothing new here. Both company and unions people are out there big time rallying for position . Union leaders can talk but in the end its our members who make the final call. Not one of the uppers will make a call just us. PLAIN SIMPLE> So rant rave complain but in the end it will come down the way it has for years upon years. WE WILL DECIDE! YEA OR NEA! All the BS on here from the "ones" wont change anything. I commend your passion but save the energy gotta feeling we may all need some! :) Disclaimer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM A PROUD USAIRWAYS EMPLOYEE!!!! THE OPINIONS AND VIEWS ARE MINE AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS USAIRWAYS AND ITS POLICIES< IDEAS, or ITS OPINIONS! I do not speak for Usairways or its reps. The opinions are mine Plain SImple!!!!!!!!!!!!

USfliboi,

I will agree with you on this point, members will most certainly have the say....in beginning of this process, and in the end.

Back