F9 Ranked #1 By Dot

FLY,

This is the first month that we have been required to even report to the DOT. But in comaprison to other airlines over the last year we have continually averaged in the top 5. So, we'll see ya next year :up:

FLY,

This is the first month that we have been required to even report to the DOT. But in comaprison to other airlines over the last year we have continually averaged in the top 5. So, we'll see ya next year :up:

Great Job!! Looks like the flight crews are getting the on-time job done. But looking at the reports, I noticed FRNT loses a lot of bags. More than UAL, who has significantly more connecting traffic, vs O&D.... Looks like some incompetance on the part of ground crews.... Where do you work Fish? Of course FRNT could have been reporting for years now if the CHOSE to. I wonder why they chose not to until now?

Fish - Looks like it's going to be awhile before FRNT reaches $14.
You'd be better off investing in the Credit Union, if there is one.

My congrats to Frontier Airlines for making the top of the list. :up:

Obviously Denver is a good place from which to operate. We at WN promise we won't slow you down as long as you keep up the pace, too! :D

Come on now, if you guys are late, it's never anything a pencil can't fix....

Come on now, if you guys are late, it's never anything a pencil can't fix....
Nice effort to keep that old lie alive, BusDrvr. If it wasn't for that ol' darn integrity SWA'd be number one every month! :D

Nice effort to keep that old lie alive, BusDrvr. If it wasn't for that ol' darn integrity SWA'd be number one every month! :D

So let's see how honest you are, will you swear that you've never "fudged" an arrival time?
:shock: ;) So what is the latest estimate of when ACARS will come on line? Or has Gary determined he can't afford the truthfull reporting of ops data.

So let's see how honest you are, will you swear that you've never "fudged" an arrival time?
That depends on what your definition of "fudged" is. I'm sure that I've encountered occasional problems with parallax errors on my watch's digital display. :)

That being said, it really doesn't make sense to fudge the operational times. Covering up problems with the flight schedule prevents them from being solved.

So what is the latest estimate of when ACARS will come on line? Or has Gary determined he can't afford the truthfull reporting of ops data.
ACARS is up and running as much as we need it to right now. There's absolutely no reason to spend the money to simply do things like automated OOOI* reporting that we already accomplish within our expenses. Every additional automated function is one more cost item that requires maintainenance and can fail. We're running a business, not an egotistical competiton to see who can accumulate the most gee-whiz toys before filing chapter 11. :rolleyes:

Your accusation of untruthful flight time reporting is nothing more than unsubstatiated ranting. When the legacy's claimed SWA was altering its reported times the FAA investigated and found no evidence to support the whining. (I've heard stories of pilots artifically starting the ACARS clock while sitting at the gate just to get the pay started early. Is that within your definition of honesty?)

*OOOI refers to the clock times associated with the four flight events of Out (from the gate) -Off (the ground) -On (the ground) -In (at the gate).

YEAP, the FAA has access to our ACARS info here at F9 anytime they want to look at it! But if your running an honest business like F9 does, there is NO NEED to fudge any numbers. It just IRKS some that even though we are small, we can deliver every bit of a superior product as our competitors :up:

YEAP, the FAA has access to our ACARS info here at F9 anytime they want to look at it!

I have no doubt that your flight times are accurate and I applaud your attaining the #1 DOT ranking. It is a great marketing tool! That being said, do you know if any of the following were reasons for the improvement:
(1) less traffic in DEN due to the reduction of flights by "Theordore & Friends",
(2) Frontier pilots learning how to selectively trip the ACARS reporting triggers (say it ain't so!) or
(3) a modification to the published flight schedule?

From the Frontier Airlines press release:
* In June 2005, 79.5% of all flights arrived on time - ranking 5th in the DOT report.
* In July 2005, 80.6% of all flights arrived on time - ranking 3rd in the DOT report.
* In August 2005, 85.1% of all flights arrived on time - ranking 2nd in the DOT report.
* In September 2005, 92.1% of all flights arrived on time - ranking 1st in the DOT report.

I know that all it takes to make a "late flight" miraculously change to "on time" is add a few minutes to the published flight times. Unfortunately, the additional scheduled time carries the burden of less efficient aircraft utilization. I recall reading that if SWA added just 5 minutes to its flight times it would require an additional 23 airplanes to execute its current routes. (3,000 flights/day x 5 minutes/flight = 250 hours!)

Latest posts