Fare Hikes Take Their Toll Again in July

That can't be. Flyboy4u said all the flights he was on were full so you must be mistaken. Please report back when your answer conforms to his small little world.
I stand corrected Cosworth...I must be in my "own little world" since I can't see all those empty seats. I mean there are so many of them on my flights that the agents must be making alot of mistakes since the non-rev-lists and standbys keep getting bumped onto other flights. Where is a good eye doctor when you need one? Next time I will make sure I take plenty of pictures of all those empty seats and post them on here to prove you are correct. It must just be my own flights that are full, and eveyone else has all kinds of empty seats..I really must be bidding all of the wrong lines since my flights are soo full all the time.

I stand corrected Cosworth...I must be in my "own little world" since I can't see all those empty seats.
Either you are in your "own little world" or AA management is fudging the numbers. Since I doubt that you see every one of the 4000 AA/Eagle/Connection flights every day, my money is on you seeing only a small sliver of the big picture. Every flight in that small sliver may indeed have every every seat filled with paying passengers, but it is still only a very small portion of daily flights.

Jim

The Bombardier C-series is still several years away. I don't know offhand what the waiting list for the E-jets is like, but AA can get either when available - just fly them on mainline and there's no messy negotiations to go through to change the contracts.

Jim

FACT: There is no other workgroup on the property that can remain employed without working some hours each year.

FACT: The Minimum Threshold Flying requirement affects less than 200 Flight Attendants system wide. These Flight Attendants have no block hours at all in a year. They drag our workgroup's productivity numbers down and they continue to accrue full seniority. Some have not flown a trip in over 10 years.

MODERATOR NOTE: Let's get this one back on topic, guys. No more personal attacks, this will be the only warning...

Don't ya just love the ad hominum attacks that start up whenever someone like Ed is proven to be something other than right?...

FACT: AA didn't fill up as many seats last month as Ed thinks they did.

Jim, in a more fruitful revenue environment, I'd agree with you on the E & C jets, even as mainline. In another year, there will probably be some white-tails which would make it a more attractive proposition.

Or better yet, perhaps demand will slow down to the point where Embraer is willing to cut a deal to keep production moving and takes back some of the -137's and -140's...

But neither one will happen without a contract with the APA.

Don't ya just love the ad hominum attacks that start up whenever someone like Ed is proven to be something other than right?...

FACT: AA didn't fill up as many seats last month as Ed thinks they did.

Jim, in a more fruitful revenue environment, I'd agree with you on the E & C jets, even as mainline. In another year, there will probably be some white-tails which would make it a more attractive proposition.

Or better yet, perhaps demand will slow down to the point where Embraer is willing to cut a deal to keep production moving and takes back some of the -137's and -140's...

But neither one will happen without a contract with the APA.

And APA seems gleefully intent on the prospect of making Eagle "go away". Their self-defeating "logic" never fails to entertain me.

FACT: There is no other workgroup on the property that can remain employed without working some hours each year.

FACT: The Minimum Threshold Flying requirement affects less than 200 Flight Attendants system wide. These Flight Attendants have no block hours at all in a year. They drag our workgroup's productivity numbers down and they continue to accrue full seniority. Some have not flown a trip in over 10 years.
Its not a fact. You have nothing to back that up.

some quack paper repoting more open seats on planes

More Empty Seats on US Planes
Posted by Matt Phillips

There’s an interesting item from The Wall Street Journal’s Steve McGrath this morning.

While Europe’s traffic was up in July, reports out from U.S. carriers earlier this week showed a somewhat mixed performance last month. American’s traffic slipped 3.5%. United’s fell 4%. Traffic on Southwest fell 2.3%.

Most major U.S. carriers also saw loads dip in July. Earlier this week, American reported that its July load factor dropped 2.1 percentage points to 85.8% compared to the prior year. United Airlines’ fell to 85%, from 87.3% the prior year. Southwest’s slipped 5.1 percentage points to 76.3% — its load factor tends to be smaller than other carriers because of its point-to-point route system. Other discounters, such as JetBlue, also saw slightly emptier planes, as its loads shrank to 86.6% from 86.9% during July the prior year.

Mikey,

His/her quotes came directly off the APFA website. They show up if you click the M2M icon on the upper left of the site.

Thanks, I know I have read it earlier. I should cheer for the first time ever it was a post that had something credible and tangible to back up what he said. I am trying to get him to post a reference so its not just a I heard or a girl I flew with overheard in the office ETC.

Regardless of the fact some FA's might not have flown for 5, 10, whatever years....

Fact.... Domestic traffic is falling.

Fact... Domestic makes up a huge percent of AA's network.

Fact... There's a limit to how much capacity you can pull off domestic markets and into international markets.

Opinion.... The capacity cuts already announced will probably be deeper.

Latest posts