fit, finish, decor, comfort and cleanliness

RowUnderDCA

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I really appreciate good service. And I usually get it on U. But, if I were to make a suggestion, it would have to be in the fit, finish, decor, comfort and cleanliness of the aircraft.

I''ve flown Envoy on the 76 frequently and I expected the seat and cabin to be much better on the A330. Well, I was a little disappointed. I guess it''s good that they are getting well used, but they shouldn''t look that way.

And U needs to not be so afraid of a bit of color or something. It feels like a US Navy hospital ship. I think U needs some help from the xxxxx eye guys!

Also, on a related topic, does anybody have an idea that the problems at PHL customs and international re-screening might be deliberate manixxxxtion by the City. My experience was rediculous. In fact, I had to bully my way past the TSA guy simple to get out of line at security at A east so that I could walk on the sidewalk to concouse C security. I''d like to know what U is doing on the ''airport properties'' side of things to clear this up. You''d think that American Airlines would be begging to be transferred to Concourse D to get it''s pax away from the arriving international re-screeners. Surely, U and UAL would prefer to have those A gates, right?

Yes, it''s an uninformed opinion, but ''airports'' is my biz, so I thought I''d throw it around.

They have a "xxxxx eye" right here and you think they care about my input? The planes are just nasty and ragged looking. Even the flagship of the fleet (A330) looks like crap inside. They need to change ALL the seat covers on the 737/757 and some AB aircraft. Some are frayed and even yellow looking. From the floor to ceiling they need a good repainting or scub-down. They don't even care what the gate agents or F/A's uniforms look like so why would we think they care about the aircraft interior?

Seems they go from one extreme to the other.
Once it was uniform police. You had to have everything just right and pinned it its exact place. Now they are just happy you show up and could care less if the plane looks like a group of routy teenagers just ransacked the place.

I like how everyone now is wearing no ties, they have their shirts unbuttoned down to their chest.....I have seen now Male F/A with no ties on....We are starting to look like a fly by night Airline.......If those of you out there think it is cute not to wear your uniform the way it is suppose to be worn, then you need to go somewhere that does not require a uniform.....The shirt without a tie looks very sleezy and cheap.....

----------------
On 7/26/2003 3:55:33 PM USAirBoyA330 wrote:

They have a "xxxxx eye" right here and you think they care about my input? The planes are just nasty and ragged looking. Even the flagship of the fleet (A330) looks like crap inside. They need to change ALL the seat covers on the 737/757 and some AB aircraft. Some are frayed and even yellow looking. From the floor to ceiling they need a good repainting or scub-down. They don't even care what the gate agents or F/A's uniforms look like so why would we think they care about the aircraft interior?

----------------​

My 'xxxxx eye' has never worked. (Everything else does though) So, I'm just talking basic stuff here. Especially, if you have nothing to look at for HOURS except an interior. Make it look good.

DCA right to labor friendly Dave and tell him the planes look like crap inside, we have been telling them this for months.

We have told them that every airline sells the ticket for the same price, the only thing that keeps passenger loyalty is good service and a clean airplane. If we give them a dirty airplane and a stinky lav why would they book on us again, and when I tell my boss that he looks at me like I am crazy.

----------------
On 7/26/2003 11:20:05 PM LavMan wrote:

a stinky lav why would they book on us again, and when I tell my boss that he looks at me like I am crazy.

----------------

Aren't all Lavs stinky?

Lavman, if it's any consolation...
Before I was furloughed on 01July, we were facing the same thing at AA. One day in June, I tried to get a Customer (dis)Service Supervisor to delay boarding on a 757 because you could smell the aft lavs from halfway up the cabin. No luck. When the pax complained, all I could do was give them the email address for our esteemed new president. Maybe he and his minions will listen to the customers because they're sure not listening to the front line employees like the flight attendants and gate agents.

Jim
furloughed AA flight attendant

No, the 767, A330 and A320 Family use a main holding tank, and the 757 and 737 if serviced properly should not be stinky.

----------------
On 7/26/2003 7:21:04 PM hopethingswillbeok wrote:

I like how everyone now is wearing no ties, they have their shirts unbuttoned down to their chest.....I have seen now Male F/A with no ties on....We are starting to look like a fly by night Airline.......If those of you out there think it is cute not to wear your uniform the way it is suppose to be worn, then you need to go somewhere that does not require a uniform.....The shirt without a tie looks very sleezy and cheap.....

----------------​
Please don't tell that to Delta, Southwest, Airtran, Virgin Atlantic, etc...If my supervisor doesn't wear a tie, why should I?

When they're clean and well maintained, I really like the look of US planes, it's a nice, calm, crisp look. Just what I need usually (along with a cocktail). And I like the look of the clubs too. I'll take color and dramatic decor when I get to my destination, or at home.
Just looking at all the color in some other planes (and on them) is a little jarring to me! That's my two cents worth....

Well, I just got off 2 737-400's today and I thought we had changed the seat colors to gray and yellow. Then I got closer and noticed...they are just dirty and never cleaned. It looked very crisp, classy and professional.

----------------
On 7/26/2003 11:31:47 PM Analyst wrote:

Aren't all Lavs stinky?

----------------

...depends on who's been in there. Probably after you have!
14.gif

Ont he subject of uniforms, new hires coming to work with 'strappy sandal type shoes'..

I mentioned to 1, to invest in a pair of closed toe'd shoes, so if a bag or anything else falls on your foot it's a bit protected..

Another new hire- reeks of BOOZE>>>>>.This has been brought to mgmt's attention.

Oh, and her very long crimpy hair is in her face, no dress code no nothing!

Uniform rule much much relaxed, look around new hires to what the senior agents are wearing and looking(I try), get a hint and take their cue)!

Ya Get what ya pay for!
14.gif

Latest posts