Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me, Jeff G:

As the honorable Mayor of Munchkinland and highly respected leader of the lollipop Kids, weren't you happy when the wicked witch was killed?

>>Neil - define flag carriers please...Southwest hasn't had a flag on their aircraft for 30 years, but have recently been adding them.

A flag carrier is a carrier that has been certified by the government to fly international routes.

As JetBlue hasn't been designated so, they can't fly the flag. It would be illegal for them to do so, no matter how patrotic they might be.

Purdue, that is no longer the definition of a flag carrier. SWA does not fly international, unless you count California.

BeenThere, boy, go get a beer, you overpaid #%^$. BTW we've already had this discussion, you could even say we've already been there, done that. Thanks for showing your a$$ early and often. Oh, and your thinly veiled agenda is showing again (or are you just whipping out your massive salary again?).

Been There;

Wherever you've been BEEN THERE, maybe you've been there too long..

Take Five Dude. You're way off base on all your lambasting. It seems like you have challenged everyone who has tried to answer your 'concerns' with logic, fact and even humor. What is your real intent here. Seems like you really have hard feelings for all Jet Blue crew, corporate and equipment. Care to elaborate on what's really eating at you?

As for your attacks, I doubt very seriously that you make anywhere near what I do but my income doesn't derive only from this industry. I also think you would find a look at our 'pawltry' paystubs a bit surprising. Even you might be surprised with your gigantic salary. I must inject that your idea of 'grandiose $' is probably far from reality since many make more than you. Most of us at JBU are not wet behind the ears but have multiple decades of airline industry service ranging from the smallest to the largest equipment, the regional to the global market and most of us didn't come off the streets as wunderkinds from a little known company. Contrary to your comments, the company has selected the most qualified for rapid upgrade, (less than a year) at present. If you choose to attack the seniority list at JBLU, you are throwing jabs at people from some very well established US and foreign carriers who have a lot of mileage behind them and chose to work for this awfully pitiful little upstart. Have you really Been There? You speak like a person who has not.

Your insistence that we are all brainless is proving Jeff G's point that you're just a flamin' troll who has a really rotten attitude. You have taken a very small point and completely turned this into a battleground that has dredged up everything from foreign made products, underpaid, no minded idiots flying the foreign made equipment to totally unpatriotic flag burners.
What are you trying to say here. I see lots of words in the form of attack but not much substance. Why don't you log off and have a couple of cool adult beverages and get a little fun out of life with all those big bucks you're knockin' down buddy! This is only life and it's supposed to be fun. If you're trying to be the website bully, you've succeeded but we're all tired of it so let it rest. Please. Thank you. Sir. Have a Lovely Day..and other niceties.
Dignity is proving hard to bear up to here and not say what we are all thinking you are with your cheap shots.

>>SWA does not fly international, unless you count California.

Just because they're designated as a flag carrier doesn't mean that they have to have international routes.

SWA could have petitioned for that status in case they ever want to run international routes.

It's like this, I could apply and receive trucker's license even though I don't plan on becoming a truck driver.

Purdue, I don't believe you are correct.

Please provide your source for the definition of a flag carrier.

The definition in US Code 49 outlines what the 121 carrier certification requirements are, but as usual, USC is difficult to understand.

Update:

Tired of google and no response from FAA. I found the following and suspect SWA is a flag carrier because they petioned to code share with IceAir. Try this:

policyworks.gov/org/main/mt/homepage/mtt/ftr/newftr/301-10_134.html

The web link feature on this BB was unsat. Now it's non-existant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts