Flex Benefits Scam

Looks like the average increase will be about 9.8% a month increase.

example: $130 in 2004 will increase to $143 in 2005. plus or minus. depending on Dependants.

Also: AA will have a grace period for ineligible Dependants to be removed. AA estimates $35 million a year is paid out due to ineligibile insurance claims. Once the grace period passes, anyone caught with ineligible Dependants will be required to pay all back expenses and could be dis-charged from service.

Since this has always been part of the contract, everyone knew premiums would increase each year.

Checking it Out said:
Since this has always been part of the contract, everyone knew premiums would increase each year.
[post="171158"][/post]​

That's another TWU CIO LIE!

When I hired in Medical, LTD, and Life Insurance was FULLY paid by AA.

And until the 1989 "TWU Improved Medical Plan" I had NO out-of-pocket payroll deduction.

And Until the "Without Further Ratification" of Jim Little, there was at least a "me too" Pilot Negoitated cap on payroll deduction increases.

Tell us CIO, how much did that little run with the Fuel Flame cost you out-of-pocket to date? Is ignorance with fuel one of those inelgible medical claims? Or do the rest of us have to fund coverage of such stupidity?

Covering such ignorance is all most as bad as covering all the illegal hispanics driving without auto insurance via inflated premiums on my monthly bill.

CIO, the 9.8% figure you quoted is for management employees only! Our increase is going to be much higher,GUARANTEED! :shock:

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
CIO, the 9.8% figure you quoted is for management employees only! Our increase is going to be much higher,GUARANTEED! :shock:
[post="171197"][/post]​

MANAGEMENT-UNION....What's the difference with the twu? :up:

TWU Monthly Contribution Rates
TWU representatives decided to retain their contractual benefits plans and to meet their group's benefits cost savings target through increased contributions. They will meet part of their $20 million target in 2004, and will make up the difference in future years by increasing contributions through 2008.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Decision 2004 said:
Some people are incapable of looking forward. These are folks are considered "reactionary" instead of "visionary". They do not play the game of chess, because reactionary players are constantly defeated, due to the inability to predict the opponents next move. They walk around the planet reacting to only that which has already arrived upon them. They do not know how to think ahead to play offense, they simply play defense and react to that which has already taken place. They lead the TWU. That is why AA loves and defends the TWU.
[post="171124"][/post]​

Decision,
I do appreciate your assessment of my character. But I too have my own assessment of your character. You see Decision, your character is quite unique..!
You too have certain charteristics to describe who you are as well. Such as the lack of "charisma, accountability, loyalty, and are considered a compulsive liar...!

Your are a real "Hero", Decision 2004..... :huh:

--------------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

Checking it Out said:
[post="171158"][/post]​
:eek: :blink:
This has not "always been part of the contract." When I hired on in 1988 we had 100% PAID FOR health insurance and NO PRE-FUNDING for retirement benefits. The TWU had not given those up yet, but we did have the industry leading 3 Tier Wage Scale with an astronomical progression rate! :shock:

High Speed Steel said:
Decision,
I do appreciate your assessment of my character. But I too have my own assessment of your character. You see Decision, your character is quite unique..!
You too have certain charteristics to describe who you are as well. Such as the lack of "charisma, accountability, loyalty, and are considered a compulsive liar...!

Your are a real "Hero", Decision 2004..... :huh:

--------------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
[post="171381"][/post]​

What is your opinion about the topic?

You know, where in January you will accept another paycut via increases in your payroll deduction for medical insurance.

The Pilot's "me too" is gone, and you are going to get a heavy dose of TWU concession.

And all you have to say is that I am a hero? Whatever!

You are in that reactionary defense mode again, aren't you?

Decision 2004 said:
What is your opinion about the topic?

You know, where in January you will accept another paycut via increases in your payroll deduction for medical insurance.

The Pilot's "me too" is gone, and you are going to get a heavy dose of TWU concession.

And all you have to say is that I am a hero? Whatever!

You are in that reactionary defense mode again, aren't you?
[post="171414"][/post]​

Topics? You want to discuss topics with HSS? What? And possibly let out some truth?

Well the figures are out my out of pocket money for the m01 plan which is the only contractual plan went up 44% you TWU suck butts explain it any way you want but the contract says my increase will be a max of 5% so spin away I cant wait to hear it

dreese said:
Well the figures are out my out of pocket money for the m01 plan which is the only contractual plan went up 44% you TWU suck butts explain it any way you want but the contract says my increase will be a max of 5% so spin away I cant wait to hear it
[post="174626"][/post]​

We know what he is going to say "The members ratified it".

I wonder how much out of pocket Little has for his treatments? I'm sure its tuff considering he only gets $150,000 from our dues.

Big difference between what CIO says, 9%, and what you said 44%.

Lets not forget that employee "Flex Benifits" was another TWU industry leading concession! They take away 25%, then say that we are getting 7 % back by 2008 but allow the company to cut our real compensation by more than that over the next five years by raising our medical. Then they say that the pilots took concessions just like us, but they took a straight 25%paycut, they could make that up by flying more hours and upgrades due to retirements, plus they already got 10% back. We got 1.5%. So the pilots are only 15% in the hole while we are still 23.5% in the hole. How much you want to bet that nearly every individual pilot is making more in 2008 than they were in 2003? Despite this the pilots replaced their top leaders. We cant do that with the TWU, we have to get rid of the TWU to get rid of Little, Yingst and Gless.

Don't forget the 50 mil in lawsuits 25 forgiven and 25 for regional carrier injury recovery.