Forbes Article

You said it alot nicer then I did!!! ;)
I've just learned to type my messages twice. First I write a seething emotional outburst, then I delete everything and type my rational message to send. It takes twice as long but it seems to work for me! :)

There's nothing wrong with WN's business plan/ops.

( Cynical mode on )

This is nothing more than some "analysta" attempt to "prime the pump" and see if they can get an employee concession bandwagon going....because that's where it's going.

As said ( and I'm far from alone ), they're ( WN ) the best positioned of any, but the attention whore analysts are eager to seek out the next big thing: They're salivating at the prospect of WN's existing efficiencies, with the added windfall of employee concessions. It starts out as an idea, but the hegemony of the press can turn crackpot musings into "conventional wisdom" but quick.

( Cynical mode off )

U is gone, you are America West, just because you carry the name doesn't mean you survived. America West management is really in charge who do you think they will favor if times get hard again? Where is your headquarters again?

As far a consessions I'm sure you pray every night for our down fall. Why can't you be satisfied with us as the template of what your company should be instead of wishing for us to be pulled down into the mire that you have experienced.

Finally, as far the playing feild being leveled I thought that was going to happen with the conception of Metro Jet.

Wow, can you say bitter furloughed USAir employee or what? you are so funny - I look forward to reading your funny and diluted posts every time they come around.. but more than that if you are bitter just say it - we all understand that you fit in better in the Canyon Blue trailer park and that is where you belong.. So don't be a NASTY GIRL!! We alllll know every airline in the industry was waiting for USAir to tank and now they are on top in the game again and others hate it.. We have a good product low operating costs and well employee wages are way below WN's ... Give me an update in 2 years and I guarantee the song and dance WN is going to be What Next !! I don't wish harm on anyone nor do I claim to be an expert like some on here, however the inevitable is near for all of us, it is a race to the bottom and unfortunately the Don't Mess With Texas teams CO, AA, WN are last in line for this one... Like a wise band once said, it is SAD BUT TRUE!!!

Wow, can you say bitter furloughed USAir employee or what? you are so funny - I look forward to reading your funny and diluted posts every time they come around.. but more than that if you are bitter just say it - we all understand that you fit in better in the Canyon Blue trailer park and that is where you belong.. So don't be a NASTY GIRL!! We alllll know every airline in the industry was waiting for USAir to tank and now they are on top in the game again and others hate it.. We have a good product low operating costs and well employee wages are way below WN's ... Give me an update in 2 years and I guarantee the song and dance WN is going to be What Next !! I don't wish harm on anyone nor do I claim to be an expert like some on here, however the inevitable is near for all of us, it is a race to the bottom and unfortunately the Don't Mess With Texas teams CO, AA, WN are last in line for this one... Like a wise band once said, it is SAD BUT TRUE!!!

how can you say US is on top of their game? You guys have barely stepped out the door and haven't decided which way to go. I have two points to make to you.

1. US and HP are both poorly managed companies and merged together they are an even bigger poorly managed company.

2. According to the post on the US forum your airline is already dealing with unhappy employees in the Reservations centers whom want to go out on strike.

So talk to me when you are really on top of your game and turn a quarterly profit...

how can you say US is on top of their game? You guys have barely stepped out the door and haven't decided which way to go. I have two points to make to you.

1. US and HP are both poorly managed companies and merged together they are an even bigger poorly managed company.

2. According to the post on the US forum your airline is already dealing with unhappy employees in the Reservations centers whom want to go out on strike.

So talk to me when you are really on top of your game and turn a quarterly profit...

Oh keep talking and start walking sista - we won't even be one company that is merged operationally until 2007, so we definitely will not likely turn a profit until then - Like I said UAL US AND DL NWA will all have our operating costs very low and will now be able to compete price wise - our product has always been much better and will remain so., however you have CO AA and WN who will just start to see the effects in 2007 and the laws have changed so now it will be much harder to restructure in BK, hopefully you will never have to see that route as well as the other companiesm but my point is w/o alot of luck and drastic changes it doesn't look bright for alot of folks including myself at the company i work for, alot changes month to month - the only difference that makes people dislike SWA is that they are tacky on approach to other corporations, you gloat, and brag, but that could change soon and i hope that AA never lets SWA get away with getting rid of the WRIGHT, b/c they can just as easily go to DFW as anyone else - in fact they have invited you in? Am I wrong? but SWA doesn't want to play by the rules and take the cheap route out.. I guess we will see.........

...the laws have changed so now it will be much harder to restructure in BK,

Thank heavens US was able to take advantage of the "easier" bankruptcy rules...twice...in as many years. Speaking of twice in as many years...and you said yourself you most likely won't show profits for another two years...how can you be certain that the "not operationally merged" company won't be paying a third visit to the bankruptcy court before then? Maybe they kept the USAirways name as a "legacy" in the old bankruptcy school.
...the only difference that makes people dislike SWA is that they are tacky on approach to other corporations, you gloat, and brag, but that could change soon and i hope that AA never lets SWA get away with getting rid of the WRIGHT, b/c they can just as easily go to DFW as anyone else - in fact they have invited you in? Am I wrong? but SWA doesn't want to play by the rules and take the cheap route out.. I guess we will see.........

Sorry... haven't noticed tackiness on the approach to other companies unless they are provoked by being called "trailer trash". And the rest of your post....you thought the ramper was bitter???

Am I wrong? but SWA doesn't want to play by the rules and take the cheap route out.. I guess we will see.........

You know, it is sort of funny that someone would sanction a company hosing down its shareholders (not to mention employees) by following the bankruptcy rules but will criticize a company for seeking repeal of arguably stupid rules providing for unfair restraint of trade.

No, Southwest doesn't follow all the rules.

When load factors go up, other airlines raise the fare to make more money. Southwest adds capacity to carry more passengers at the lower fares.

When a terror disaster like 9-11 occurs, other airlines lay off tons of employees to cut their costs. Southwest keeps everyone on the payroll.

While other airlines are parading thru the bankrupty courts to lower their costs, Southwest has every employee energized to look for ways to increase productivity and eliminate waste.

When other airlines drive every competitor out of a market, they raise fares...especially walk up fares...to "oh my God" ...Southwest flagrantly violates the "rules" by maintaining fares at about the same level and adding flights t
o match whatever demand they find.

Has LCC or U + AWA posted their 3rd quarter results? What is the estimate for the 4qtr? What is their exposure to fuel this next year? I doubt they are even a "tree monkey" yet. :huh:

Has LCC or U + AWA posted their 3rd quarter results? What is the estimate for the 4qtr? What is their exposure to fuel this next year? I doubt they are even a "tree monkey" yet. :huh:

1 - No, look for it about Nov 1.

2 - Depends on how you want to look at it. Since we emerged from BK in the 3rd quarter (barely - by 3 days) I assume there'll be a ton of "restructuring" items as non-operating "income", leading to a large net profit (the quarter we - US - emerged from BK1 we reported a $1 billion profit). Of course that's pure "paper" profit, with all those wiped-out liabilities showing as "income". The more telling number will be the operating profit - or loss in our case. Look for a few hundred million dollars.

3 - Basically unhedged.

4 - Could be - time will tell.

Jim

.... but that could change soon and i hope that AA never lets SWA get away with getting rid of the WRIGHT, b/c they can just as easily go to DFW as anyone else - in fact they have invited you in? Am I wrong? but SWA doesn't want to play by the rules and take the cheap route out.. I guess we will see.........

I agree that SWA can move to DFW -- it just doesn't make sense to go to DFW at this time. With an operation in place that already serves the DFW metroplex it is much more cost effective to actively seek the repeal of the Wright Amendmend than to physically relocate.

By the way, check your history:

The Wright Amendment came into being only after it was proven that the "rule" requiring Dallas to close Love Field to commerical traffic was not legally permissible -- supported by Supreme Court decisions at both the state and Federal levels. Not satisified by the court's ruling, the DFW-entities found a way to get around the rules, their back-door approach resulting in the Wright Amendment.

Neither side can claim "purity" on the Wright Amendment issue. Even though the courts have upheld Southwest Airline's right to operate at Love Field numerous times it can be argued that their legal right to resist moving to DFW in 1974 only stoked the burning ego-centric fires of Fort Worth. From that moment on the whole Love Field battle became emotional and not logical. Unfortunately, that's what it still remains so the outcome in Congress is anyone's guess.

Latest posts

Back