Foreign Ownership

Look, foreign ownership of US airlines simply opens the door for them to fly most or all of our international routes. Even worse, take a hard look at Senator John McCain's efforts to push for the elimination of cabotage rules. If he is successful, just imagine what would happen if Air France, for instance, becomes a 49% owner of USAirways. They take over our Paris to PHL routes. When cabotage is eliminated they could fly Paris to PHL, drop off their PAX, pick up PHL PAX and fly them, say to LAS for some ooh la la. Our amoral, greedy management and hedge fund investors do what with this? Air France only has to put buckets of moola into their outstretched, sweaty little pig-like hooves, combined with promises of bonuses, luxury retirements, increased stock prices down the road, and employees will wind up sitting on the sidelines watching their jobs flying off over the horizon.

What bothers me is that while many of our employees are busy with their pom pom waving worship to the "brilliance" of DP and company, and pondering the profound implications of new paint jobs, new uniforms, galley configurations, soft drinks service, heritage pins, and other airhead musings, our genius politicans on Capital Hill are hell-bent on selling out the US airlines and their employees.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that foreign airline management has got to be better than the idiots that run the US airlines today. After all, look what they've accomplished since the beginnings of the commerical industry back in the 1930s. However, I believe the legislation now introduced or McCain's proposed cabotage legislation efforts is a real Trojan Horse, and airline employees will pay the price.

Wake up everybody. Write your representatives and object to HR 4542 and S 2135. :down:

What bothers me is that while many of our employees are busy with their pom pom waving worship to the "brilliance" of DP and company, and pondering the profound implications of new paint jobs, new uniforms, galley configurations, soft drinks service, heritage pins, and other airhead musings, our genius politicans on Capital Hill are hell-bent on selling out the US airlines and their employees.

Wake up everybody. Write your representatives and object to HR 4542 and S 2135. :down:

As opposed to the biitching and moaning we have all endured for ALL so long?

Please don't insult our intelligence. Most of us on the East side have been around a looooong time and have followed the cabatoge issue for just as long. We are more aware of the issues than you can imagine.

Just because we now have a leader that actually believes in us and are enjoying watching the changes, whether pondering all the crap you listed or being a part of the solution, doesn't mean we are mindless airheads with no individual thoughts or opinions.

While I appreciate your concern for the issue, your words and tone are not only negative and condescending, but out of line. Most of us have had it with the negativity that comes the way of anyone that has a positive word or who actually is working to improve the culture here.

In the meantime, I will do my part by writing my reps AND continue to support the first REAL leader US Airways has had in the 19 years I have endured this place. ;)

Be careful with the foreign ownership wishes and support. It seems that the prevailing idea is that if foreign ownership were to be allowed, it would be by European carriers. I have news for you, that may not be the case if this is allowed to happen. Im sure the Japanese Chinese and city state of Singapore and others would love to get thier hands on an American airline company. Ask them how much they care for workers rights and unions altogether. Its a 2 edged sword, cuts both ways.........