Former Iam Mechanic's Daughter Killed

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
Just wanted to share with all the IAM mechanics a story that just appeared in todays paper. A former mechanic for Usairways, Richard Publicover lost his 18 year old daughter on Saturday in a tragic accident. She was kicked in the neck by a horse and died the same day. I think he was from the BOS area, at one time, then worked in ROC for awhile, and then in PIT or PHL in the end before he left the company to work for another airline. Just in case anyone who reads these boards knew him, or remembers him, now would be a good time to look him up. He always seemed like a really nice guy, when ever he would non rev to go to work.

FLYUSAIRWAYS:
Is it possible for you to say what paper this was in? He was a coworker of mine several years back. Super nice guy. Thanks!

Dark Cloud...This was reported in the Syracuse Post Standard..she was an equine student at Morrisville...very freak accident, from what I read..was out in the field with horses...think it was in the Sunday edition (yesterday)...

Rich is a excellent mechanic as well as a human being. It is truly sad to hear this.

I too, would like to send condolences if anyone knows where they can be sent. I was on a crew with him and dark cloud up in BOS

The Democrat and Chronicle Newspaper in ROC states that calling hours are on Wed. at Leo Bean Funeral home on Chili Avenue in ROC, and Funeral on Thursday at Holy Ghost Church on Coldwater Road, Gates, suburb of ROC. I don't have his address, but his name is listed in the white pages with just a phone # 585-889-4203. Hope this info helps all those who worked with him or know him and his family. I never actually knew him well, but always checked him in for his BOS flight, and although he was a very quiet person, I could tell that he was the type of person that would be very well liked by his friends and co-workers.

Latest posts