Former US F/A killed in plane crash

FlyOnWall

Senior
Mar 22, 2004
Adam Braddock was a US Airways F/A in the class of 5-30-00 furloughed in 03. He was well loved and will be missed by his many friends here...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=...&id=6159071

Plane crash victims identified

Thursday, May 22, 2008 | 11:58 PMStory Media Top Stories

by Chad Pradelli & John Rawlins

NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - May 22, 2008 (WPVI) -- A student pilot and instructor were both killed in a plane crash today, while practicing takeoffs and landings at Northeast Philadelphia Airport.

[View link for remainder of story](Copyright ©2008 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Adam Braddock was a US Airways F/A in the class of 5-30-00 furloughed in 03. He was well loved and will be missed by his many friends here...

Adam was a great guy...I saw it on the news last night and they did not say who it was...so i looked on here and i just cant beleive it. I hadnt talked to him in a long time..but he was so sweet and caring and will be greatly missed by many. I am still in shock.

It's sad when a very avoidable accident like this happens. Classic cross control stall resulting from a tight, uncoordinated turn that develops into a spin, which is virtually impossible to recover from the low altitude they were flying.

I know Herb Hortman (owner of the flight school that Adam worked for, also a CO captain flying widebody routes to Europe). I haven't had a chance to talk to him, nor will I until the dust settles. He's got enough on his plate. It's probably the biggest school in the PHL region in terms of renter/student hours and available aircraft. There have been at least 5 fatal accidents from Hortman students in training in the last 7 or 8 years, including a very notorious mid-air over a NJ community. The FAA is going to be very interested in going over everything in his training program with a fine tooth comb. But I also know he runs a tight ship and is very safety minded.

Wow.... I didn't know him, but I sure will keep his family and the people that were close to him in my thoughts & prayers.... that's sad. I take it he was learning to fly.... How old was he?

Wow.... I didn't know him, but I sure will keep his family and the people that were close to him in my thoughts & prayers.... that's sad. I take it he was learning to fly.... How old was he?
he was the instructor. and he was 28. very sad indeed. i did not know him neither but he was friends with alot of my friends so i am sure he was an outstanding individual. as a student pilot myself this is very sad. sure wish i could have met him.

he was the instructor. and he was 28. very sad indeed. i did not know him neither but he was friends with alot of my friends so i am sure he was an outstanding individual. as a student pilot myself this is very sad. sure wish i could have met him.

My prayer for the families who've lost loved ones in that tragedy. There's no "up side" to anything like this that we can see as living people, nor do I mean to at all imply any such, but; I can think of few better ways to exit life than while doing something one loves, and being taken quickly from the world. God speed his spirit's journey.

Latest posts