Full-Service Airlines Are Basket Cases

C

chipmunn

[A href=http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/020912/nf200209127642_1.html][FONT color=#336699]http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/020912/nf200209127642_1.html[/FONT][/A]

Sw compared to Walmart? Thats an insult IMO..I cant stand Walmart..even the new super walmarts..they're filthy,overcrowded with shoppers, rambunctious kids left to roam at will, and merchandise all over the place such as in the aisles and many unattractive disheveled displays..of course the shoppers are mainly to blame as Im sure they'd have to hire an army to keep up with the mayhem...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/12/2002 1:10:39 AM RealityCheck wrote:

Sw compared to Walmart? Thats an insult IMO..I cant stand Walmart..even the new super walmarts..they're filthy,overcrowded with shoppers, rambunctious kids left to roam at will, and merchandise all over the place such as in the aisles and many unattractive disheveled displays..of course the shoppers are mainly to blame as Im sure they'd have to hire an army to keep up with the mayhem...
----------------
[/blockquote]
Then it sounds to me like a good comparison...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/12/2002 1:10:39 AM RealityCheck wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Reality, I don't know about your local Walmart but the store in our town is very clean and orderly. Haven't seen those kids either. Maybe it's the location??? The comparison sure beats your earlier one of LUV to Woolsworth(bk)on another post.

Who was it who said,If you want to get rich, shop in stores with concrete floors.? Wal-Mart is great, Lowes and The Home Depot are great and my wife loves Garden Ridge. This is all a long on-going transformation in what the American consumer wants. We all know that what the American consumer wants, he/she gets. The mature airlines are like the mom and pop hardware stores on mainstreet, they are dinosaurs. I loved those old hardware stores, but I sure as heck am not going to pay more for a product that I can get at Lowes or The Home Depot for less. Many of us are working for the buggy whip factory and Mr. Ford has just ramped up production up in Detroit.

Last year made the mistake of buying some kid's clothes at Walmart. After several washings, they practically came apart and unraveled. You get what you pay for.

Whether you like it... Or whether you don't...

Michael O'Leary is right! (on the points he makes for the basket case status of the U.S. full-service airlines in the link with which chipmunn began this topic)

So right, in fact, that I couldn't have said it better myself!