Game 7 For The Pilot Group

My sources on the Yahoo Message board indicate that the IAM is about to seal the deal with the company allowing for a UCT. Is this not true? Are you sure about your sources!? I demand to know what your experience is. How many years of experience do you have in the aviation community? How may acticles have you written? What is your name? Why will you not identify yourself? Why are you not showing propper decorum?

Respectfuly,
Phoenix

USA320Pilot said:
The IAM is holding secret talks with the company behind the scenes.
[post="193043"][/post]​

Not just behind the scenes talks, but SECRET behind the scenes talks. Guess the SECRET is out not that it has appeared here.....

Jim

Well 700, what do you make of IAM 's annoucement that they would be meeting with th company? How does a utlity man know whats going on. Again youre wrong. Do you just like to hear yourself talk?

USA320Pilot said:
I guess it's time to go public about the IAM behind the scene talks. How could this happen?
[post="193054"][/post]​

Well, let me count the ways....

1 - Speculation

2 - Fantasy

3 - Wishful thinking

4 - Deep Throat from management with an obvious agenda

Need more?

Jim

fli,
Are union reps at ALPA pilots?

Are union reps at AFA F/As?

Are union reps at IAM Fleet Service Rampers?

Are union reps at CWA Agents?

Are IAM M&R Reps not Mechanic and Related?

Like I said, I am in the know and the loop and part of it.
And once again 320, there are NO talks going on.

All the US Airways General Chairman are at their respective domiciles. Not at CCY.

Stop posting false information.

USA320Pilot said:
I guess it's time to go public about the IAM behind the scene talks. How could this happen?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="193054"][/post]​

October 20, 2004
File: USA-18
2004-110

IAM / US Airways Meeting Scheduled

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

In the wake of last week’s court ruling which imposed temporary concessions on IAM members that included a 21 percent wage reduction, outsourcing of Airbus overhauls and pension modifications, US Airways has requested a meeting with the IAM to discuss its plans for the carrier’s future and its potential impact on IAM members.

The meeting between IAM representatives and US Airways will take place on Monday, October 25, 2004 at the carrier’s Arlington, VA headquarters.

We will update the membership following the meeting.

Sincerely and fraternally,

William O'Driscoll Randy Canale
PRESIDENT-DIRECTING PRESIDENT-DIRECTING
GENERAL CHAIRMAN GENERAL CHAIRMAN
District Lodge #142 District Lodge #141

:up:
you got it right 320...secret meetings are underway......

Jim,

I think it very sad that feel this way, that whatever we do will not make a difference. That is the root of one big difference between you and I.

If not for what we have done so far we would not be here now, and yes we are up against odds to pull this off, but it can happen...it will not with an army of people like you.

That is upsurd that you ask me if I am sendinging in pay on my own to save the company....get real. I am in favor of employee consessions, something that will make a difference. That is happen via the judge or a vote on the TA.

BTW, 1113c will leave no room to cherry pick as you have advocated in another post, it will be all or nothing in that proceeding.

Further Jim, I was against B-scale (I was on it until I upgraded in my 4th year), and I was also against 2 tier pay at Metrojet (and the stock screwjob too)...in fact, lets all take the cuts together now, that is what is fair.

Jim, your attitude about things that we needed to save the company cracks me up. The things we have done before lead us to where we are today...we are still here fighting, which I continue to advocate to do. If your not on board, take a hike as I said yesterday...it is sad you will be here next month critical of everyone who voted to save your job. I use Parity +1 as an example...were you too good to work under those conditions? Its the best contract you will ever have. Were one of the vocal people who voted no, who said we would take a 20% paycut? Well the first review you were 38% wrong when we got an 18% raise.

Jim, honestly...have you ever voted yes for an agreement?

The TA give your best chance to survive period, and your no vote logic is anemic, and the judge will not deliver a better 1113c agreement, it does not work that way.

It just gets worse from here...as it throughout negotiations. How many times will it take you to learn that is true?

I am headed west Transatlantic, and have to run.

Have a great day, and thanks for a good debate!

USA320Pilot said:
True Judge Mitchell struck the 23% pay cut (changed it to 21%) and the outsourcing issue for now, however, I understand he indicated to counsel he could authorize it in the future.

By the way, the 21% cut is worse than the company offered.

I find it interesting that the IAM is now negotiating with the company behind-the scenes, the AFA is talking with the company, and the CWA is trying to figure a way out of this mess.

Management was originally asking for 33% from CWA; however, we didn't even have the opportunity to negogiate. Every time our union tried to negogiate, Mangement either threw a worse proposal than the last on the table or meetings were cancelled.

How many times do you have to be told the IAM is NOT negotiating anything with the company behind the scenes and I know this for a fact.