Glenn Tilton new CEO?

----------------
On 9/3/2002 5:29:23 PM

You know Busdrvr, you may be right! One can only dream. [:bigsmile:] CAE - ORD is a long way on a CRJ! I thought it was pretty interesting that he was a USC (University of South Carolina for those of you on the other coast) graduate. [;)]

Think he's a football fan?
----------------

The fact that he's a USC grad only means he'll be walking around WHQ with his shoes off as each quarterly report approaches (so he can count to ten)
[:bigsmile:] [:p]

United is working with bankruptcy counsel at the law firm of Kirkland and Ellis, which earlier took part in American Airlines' purchase of TWA out of bankruptcy court. But the board ultimately will decide whether a Chapter 11 filing is needed.

Terms of Tilton's employment contract also vary depending on whether the company files for bankruptcy, the sources said. UAL declined to comment on his package.

Me thinks the web is spinning...even for the hopeful....

Busdrvr.. thats pretty evil...

Accurate... but evil... LOL (not a native South Carolinian here, I am from GA, and that is MUCH better.... LOL)

Anyway, I am still very very hopeful about what he brings to the table. There are very very many groups with very disparate objectives and agendas that must come together in order for UAL to avoid BK. I will admire ANY man that can make that happen, regardless of background. Here's wishing for the best....

----------------
On 9/3/2002 10:31:22 PM

Busdrvr.. thats pretty evil...

Accurate... but evil... LOL (not a native South Carolinian here, I am from GA, and that is MUCH better.... LOL)

Anyway, I am still very very hopeful about what he brings to the table. There are very very many groups with very disparate objectives and agendas that must come together in order for UAL to avoid BK. I will admire ANY man that can make that happen, regardless of background. Here's wishing for the best....
----------------

GA? UGA or GT? Looked like those dogs had the refs paid off to beat the superior team last Sat!!
[:(]

----------------
On 9/4/2002 12:04:54 AM

GA? UGA or GT? Looked like those dogs had the refs paid off to beat the superior team last Sat!!

[:(]
----------------

Actually, UGA is my team. I didn't get to watch the game this past Sat, as I was at a wedding, but from what I heard, my Dogs looked pretty sloppy. However, they did have the line by 8 points.

I will be at the UGA - USC came week after next, hoping we have a clean sweep of the State of SC.
[:bigsmile:]

Are you a Clemson fan?

----------------
On 9/4/2002 12:04:54 AM

Are you a Clemson fan?
----------------

Yup, I miss the golden days of Danny Ford (the best team money could buy) vs Vince Dooley. I'd better stop, I'm tearing up [:bigsmile:]