good for usairways!

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
US AIRWAYS SAYS THANKS TO US MILITARY TROOPS; WELCOME TO OUR CLUBS
US Airways Clubs are proud to welcome uniformed service men and women with proper military ID traveling to or from active duty in Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq at any of our 21 club locations at 16 US Airways airport locations. This invitation includes family members and friends meeting our service men and women who are waiting with them prior to their departure.

US Airways Clubs are an oasis in busy airports providing travelers - and the men and women proudly serving our country - a quiet, comfortable place to relax; personal assistance with reservations and flight changes; workstations with data ports, shredders, fax and copy machines; T-Mobile® Hotspot wireless broadband internet service; cable television, magazines, and newspapers, as well as complimentary beverages and snacks. US Airways customers can also take a test flight with Club Membership for a daily fee of $40. Day-fees can be applied to full membership within thirty days. Visit USAirways.com for more information.

what a nice thing to do. i am so proud of our company for doing this. positive changes are coming to this company. i salute this company for this decision. i am surprised no one has posted this. i guess because it was a positive thing.

I'm with you etops! It's been a long time since I've been proud to be part of this company, but today is the day. Thanks to all those wonderful men and women in the services that allow us our freedom. :up:

Ugh!! We invaded Iran and no one told me. Have to dust off the 'ol pea-shooter now. :p

I thought the same thing! We have not been at war with Iran, nor are we occupying it.
Granted, USA-Iran relations have been strained since the 70s - in fact, diplomatic relations have been long severed - but the fact remains: we are not at war with Iran nor does the USA have bases within Iran proper.

i am surprised no one has posted this. i guess because it was a positive thing.

:shock:

Yeah, us...or maybe yeah, US! :up: :up: :up:

Forwarded to my cousin this morning whose husband comes home next week from Iraq through ATL and on through CLT.

look, they fixed it ok. now back to topic.

Military Personnel Welcome in US Airways Clubs

US Airways is welcoming all military personnel traveling on US Airways, US Airways Express, America West or America West Express on their way to or from Iraq or Afghanistan to visit any US Airways Club location. The invitation includes any family members or friends who may be meeting military personnel or waiting with them prior to their departure. Military personnel will be asked to present their valid military ID and should be wearing military attire to be admitted into the Club.

. now stop turning something positive into something negative . geez.

And this just in -->

A SUCCESSFUL HOLIDAY DRIVE AT DCA
Employees at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA) found the response to this year’s “Socks for Vetsâ€￾ drive to be even better than they expected. As in previous years, DCA employees, from both mainline and express, collected more than 200 packs of white socks for veterans at Washington DC Veterans Hospital. Volunteers at the hospital include the socks when they make up duffel bags for the vets, including items like boxes of Christmas Cards, candies, playing cards, magazines and underwear. “The socks seem to be a hot item,â€￾ said Kathy Walentowicz, a DCA shift manager. “When we were delivering them this year, the vets kept stopping us. They didn’t want to wait for their duffel bags. They wanted the socks right then. The reception we got from the Vets and volunteers was one of great appreciation and thanks.â€￾

The things we all do collectively for our men and women in uniform really make me proud to be a part of this crazy family. Thanks DCA!!!!!!!!!! :up:

Actually, dont be to quick to hammer the old U . Don't you remember when this stuff all started? We offered special fares to the families so they could see their loved ones before they departed to Afghanistan? That was a very busy time for Res. ensuring that epecially parents got to see their children before they went overseas. We were allowed to bend the rules whereever to ensure that these trips occurred.

Jackie, a Co-ordinator in our Ops department organises a B-I-G drive every Christmas to go to a troop in Afghanistan and Iraq and CCY has always paid the postage with no hesitation. Every week we have different things to bring for the "parcel", e.g. sox/tshirts; toiletries; mag's;dvd's,videos.

Latest posts

Back