Good News?

Lakeguy67

Advanced
Aug 31, 2002
www.usaviation.com
US Airways Membership Update
September 5, 2002
US Airways has requested a meeting with District 141-M at the company’s Arlington, VA headquarters. The meeting is scheduled for Friday September 6, 2002. This will be the first meeting between District 141-M and US Airways since the membership rejected a company restructuring proposal on August 28, 2002. No agenda for the meeting has been set, but you will be advised of any discussions that take place.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 12:05:32 AM chipmunn wrote:

Lakeguy:

There is reason to believe the company would like to obtain a voluntary agreement with the IAM-M. Let's hope the parties reach an acceptable accord and we all can move on from this unpleasant process.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]
Amen Skipper!!......I think a mutual accord will be alot more to the majorities liking. I have some real bad feelings regarding this subject being left to Judge Wapner. So far the Honorable Judge Mitchell has gone along with the company on everything. To think that this will change in the IAM's favor is dreaming. I can see the vacation and sick time being left un-touched...but other things can be upheld or modified in the favor of the company. ...Again, I stress the need for a Mutual Agreement prior to Sept. 10th. I think there is a very real chance to make this happen...if both sides take stock of what they are asking for.

Lakeguy:

There is reason to believe the company would like to obtain a voluntary agreement with the IAM-M. Let's hope the parties reach an acceptable accord and we all can move on from this unpleasant process.

Chip