Good read on "proposed merger"

Interesting, something I have thought for a while, this particular marriage just does NOT make sense. We are still lackin in the Pacific which is where it will "be" in the coming years. US and NWA, yes, US and Delta, NO. It does not make sense! Of course, our new cart pack outs do not make sense either .....

The latest rumor has US picking up NW's Asian routes after the merger with DL. So I guess that would be the new DL picking up NW's Asian routes.

The latest rumor has US picking up NW's Asian routes after the merger with DL. So I guess that would be the new DL picking up NW's Asian routes.

You aren't serious are you? And how the hell do you propose this is going to happen? Let's try and stick with facts gaucho, i could care less what a lav dumper in PHL said.

As for USA320Pilot's comments, par for the course, nothing new there. You and Doogie sure did cover a lot of ground on such a short flight though. I stand by my earlier comments however, until and unless the creditors demand due diligence, its "grasping for straws" on LCC's part.

How many more billion dollars will it take to turn creditor's heads?

Good god. For that kind of money, I would sell.
Now my opinion is that there is no way in hell this won't be approved by the creditors. My biggest concern is the "new Delta" is going to be in such a deep hole to start out with financially.
Parker better be right, because if he isn't, we are all in deep ####.

How many more billion dollars will it take to turn creditor's heads?
-------------------------------------------------

Based on today's announcement of 5bill cash "Wow" and 89.5 mill shares of stock, id say 2 or 4 billion more. Depends on how you do the valuation....It ought to get someones attention i would think

Let's try and stick with facts gaucho, i could care less what a lav dumper in PHL said.

But we are supposed to be interested in what a 777 relief officer says about all aspects of this deal.

Readers of this board don't mind rumors at all. They'll take them anytime over your typically insulting and childish posts. Accusing people of using blow up dolls, engaging in "my airplane is better than your airplane" idiocy. Try representing your fellow DAL pilots with some class. Most of them have some even if you don't. Grow up, man!

BTW, how's your hero Oberstar doing at killing the deal? :shock:

dariencc

My biggest concern is the "new Delta" is going to be in such a deep hole to start out with financially.

luv2fly,

You are absolutely correct. Just as DAL management now answers to the creditors, Parker will be answering to the board and shareholders of the New Delta if this deal goes through. They will want returns, and any of today's promises and projections will be meaningless. Whether that can best be accomplished by growth, stagnation, or shrinkage will determine his course of action. We are just along for the ride.

dariencc

Good god. For that kind of money, I would sell.
Now my opinion is that there is no way in hell this won't be approved by the creditors. My biggest concern is the "new Delta" is going to be in such a deep hole to start out with financially.

luv2fly,

It is my sincere attempt to stick to a comitment to post less emotionally. Therefore i would like to apologize for any nasty remarks toward Delta. If I have learned anything from the Trump/Rosie fued, it is that always having to come back with an attack after an attack just makes one slide to that level. It ain't pretty.

Having said that, both employee groups must stop and look at the what ifs with regards to if this actually were to go through. Snide remarks and buttons do nothing but fuel the flames, so I say we all try to look at what will probably happen. Just my opinion here.IF IF IF...did I say IF this happens?

You are right, Parker BETTER be right. But his a$$ is on the line. Delta has taken a big hit, but are more a victim of the industry. The OLD US Airways was a victim of poor management. It has haunted this company for years even in times that frankly were great. Enter Delta. With one clean sweep, the US name is gone. IF DP is smart, he will balance his ability to make money with the customer service know how of Delta. But to do this, he MUST recognize the mistakes of the Piedmont/USAir merger. Had USAir leaned more towards the Piedmont way, things may had been different. By the same token, an employee group that sabatoges a merger...whether intentionally or not...will only put ALL in danger of loosing their careers. I see alot of the PI attitude and southern self righteous arrogance in DAL. And GUESS WHAT? I worked for PI and I am a southerner.

We all need to remember that we employees are victims of this industry. DAL employees have sacrificed and so have US. BOTH have had poor management. But NEITHER employee groups own their companies therefore this name calling and cold shoulder attitudes must stop.

I for one agree that any other combo would seem better, but no one asked me and a stupid button is only telling the company AND the customer that if this merger goes through, I am not onboard and will do all I can to make sure it fails. Please take this from someone who watch a group of people do the same thing18 years ago and look where it got US.

In the end, money talks. Those loyal Piedmont shareholders and BOD members? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Piedmont who? And BELIEVE ME, although smaller, the employees and customers of PI were just as loyal.

Good luck to all of us.