Government Air Ops

Where I get out of my tree is when they take advantage of their subsidised position to undercut other operators, and do it illegally, like the MNR do in NS.

Well Phil, you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that the Nova Scotia DNR is going to retire another 500 as they did a little over a year ago when they replaced it with a brand spanking new MD 500, allbeit Pink :blink: but only this time the unknowing Nova Scotia Taxpayers are spreading our wealth(deficit) around and purchasing an Eurocopter EC120 :fart:

I wonder why the NS DNR was flying Guy Lafleur around today? <_<

Most likely due to the fact that we can't do it for free :rant:

It's awfully hard, almost impossible to compete against the NS Government medalling in the private sector not to mention the EMS Plum that was handed out... besides who are you going to complain to without it falling on deaf ears :down:

Talk about your dirty politics!!! :shock:

Hey Chev, now you know why I got fed up with it! I know the local TC guy wanted to go for them like a rat up a drainpipe, but knew that Ottawa would backpedal! And having only one IFR-equipped 212 that only does 200 hours a year when they have it offline for a week for a 100 hour check is just a plain criminal waste of money. 500s? Good machines, but we were taking guys across rivers in one trip while they took two! They should replace the whole lot and get B2s or 407s, and get an AOC. At least then they would be legal.

OK, tin hat on......

Phil

PS - jst to make you jealous - I now work 9-5, Mon-Fri, no commercial pressure and no passengers - and I get paid!!

Albert Ross ---------yaaaaa and I know that you'll say "the Devil made me say that" when you posted the 'PS'. I hope the milk curdles in the last cup of tea or coffee that is available to you next time you want some. :D

Albert Ross ---------yaaaaa and I know that you'll say "the Devil made me say that" when you posted the 'PS'. I hope the milk curdles in the last cup of tea or coffee that is available to you next time you want some. :D

Just to add to the mix of rumour and speculation. At Portage we are keenly waiting on the announcement of our new contract which may or may not include refitted Air Force Griffons.

As many of you know, there are around 18 to 24 surplus Griffons, machines sit in hangars and simply do not fly. Anyone who has witnessed the transfer back and forth of Challenger jets around capital hill would not be surprised at all to see a former DND CH146 Griffon buzzing around Prescott or Parry Sound in white and red livery.

Do the Liberal government math on that possibility and you can come up with your own conclusion. Extra airframes sitting around, a flight simulator near Fredericton.............uhmmm...........

One thing for sure, if the Coasties start driving 412s around, their dispatch rate will undoubtedly be higher. :D

Back