Great news!

..but those who will actively participate in this election will absolutely feel she is biased "if" she changes the format..

Precisely why I think she will not change the format. (unless, again, there is a re-vote).
It would be too obvious. Surely Pat Friend understands this. Of course, the next best thing, to me, would be for Ms. Friend to step-down. She is no longer an active FA--she shouldn't be President.
Following that would be for AFA to answer the REASONABLE criticisms leveled against them and move to right any wrongs.

basically its being said..If someone is Republican and viewed management friendly.. it is a conflict...if someone is Democrat and viewed labor friendly... its not, however if both have ties to the group, airline or union(which both did and do)..they are both a conflict..

Precisely why I think she will not change the format. (unless, again, there is a re-vote).
It would be too obvious. Surely Pat Friend understands this. Of course, the next best thing, to me, would be for Ms. Friend to step-down. She is no longer an active FA--she shouldn't be President.
Following that would be for AFA to answer the REASONABLE criticisms leveled against them and move to right any wrongs.
personally support a laker ballot, but do not think she is the one to change it to that type of ballot (as it is an open door to be viewed biased)..

IMO a Former Union Officer, etc and a Company Labor Relations are equals when it comes from their backgrounds, but a lobbyist deals with way more things and the NMB gets its marching orders from the Executive and Legislative Branch who lobbyist give "gifts" and contributions too.

And there is a ethical guideline the NMB sets up for it members, investigators and mediators and like I said when Rich Frey a director of labor relations from US Airways left US and went to the NMB there was a bar time frame that he couldnt deal with labor issues in regard to US, I dont remember the exact duration, but those rules are all ready in place.

And reading some past Articles Linda is all ready working in the NMB as a mediator back in 2002, so there would be no conflict. And currently is a senior mediator so all conflicts of interest are long gone.

Amazing what you can find out if you do a little research.

Are you serious?

Well correct me if im wrong, but an unintended consequence is an unexpected result from an activity/idea that was intended to be positive. Furthermore, how can that be a "two way" street?

Are you confusing "unintended consequence" with "irony"?

IMO a Former Union Officer, etc and a Company Labor Relations are equals when it comes from their backgrounds, but a lobbyist deals with way more things and the NMB gets its marching orders from the Executive and Legislative Branch who lobbyist give "gifts" and contributions too.

And there is a ethical guideline the NMB sets up for it members, investigators and mediators and like I said when Rich Frey a director of labor relations from US Airways left US and went to the NMB there was a bar time frame that he couldnt deal with labor issues in regard to US, I dont remember the exact duration, but those rules are all ready in place.

well in your last comment it was stated..

being a lobbyist to me is a conflict.

"to me"

so is it to you, what this really boils down to, it is your personal opinion and perception what is determined conflict..(just as the same is to others..but in this case the perception of the ones who actually vote..well its not a good thing especially.. if the format is changed...the perception will be worse and viewed biased)

And reading some past Articles Linda is all ready working in the NMB as a mediator back in 2002, so there would be no conflict. And currently is a senior mediator so all conflicts of interest are long gone.

Amazing what you can find out if you do a little research.
sorta like this?

I believe she is very well suited to be a mediator based on experience, but the actual nomination of overseeing an election may be an issue at her confimation..

many understand she is very well qualified, has incredible experience, highly respected and a mediator..the issue is overseeing an election of the same group she was a former President..a conflict.

The NMB board members dont directly oversee an election it is assigned to an investigator.

The NMB board members dont directly oversee an election it is assigned to an investigator.

of course she will oversee the election if it is determined an investigation is necessary for whatever reasons after the fact, who do you think would? that is why they wanted her appointed in the first place, the claim for fairness.. (which never changed my vote regardless who was appointed)

Let me ask you this, how many campaigns have you been involved with I mean activily organizing?

I have been involved in numerous campaigns, even the largest victory in the Airline Industry which was United CSA and Res, US Airways Fleet Service and many more.

The investigators/mediators are in charge of the election, not a particular NMB Board Member.

Educate yourself

Let me ask you this, how many campaigns have you been involved with I mean activily organizing?

I have been involved in numerous campaigns, even the largest victory in the Airline Industry which was United CSA and Res, US Airways Fleet Service and many more.

The investigators/mediators are in charge of the election, not a particular NMB Board Member.

so Van de Water never was not a conflict.

Educate yourself
;)

Answer what I posted, your all grasping at straws, the prounion people will say yes the anti-union people will say no.

Actually she was because she can influence decisions, so anyone can say anyone is a conflict, but since she was a lobbyist, that is where I take issue with it being a conflict.

But you keep spinning it the way you want, ok?

Back