GSO (PTI) - New Fares and possible growth?

You shouldn't critcize Tempe. They are very sensitive. You must just be an arrogant customer, otherwise, you would just be happy that they have pretended to lower fares in a city now dominated by an airline on the brink of liquidation.

Not quite--they've pretended to lower fares in something called "PTI". Tempe has shown me no tangible indication whatsoever that it's aware of what city or cities PTI might happen to serve. (Big Hint for our slower friends: The airport code is "GSO".)

But you're right, I shouldn't be criticising them for this, I should be doing something "productive" like joining the rush to remove first class seats from the A321 or something. I wonder if I can inject their Kool-Aid intravenously. Mainlining it might be the only way I'll get it to work for me. :p

It should since they ONCE were king of the hill in GSO...
That is for a while after the PI/US merger anyway,until the CCY Brains gave it all away to DL.. :down:

They were ONCE the king of the hill in a lot of places. :(

Just this past month, another US stronghold bit the dust. HPN. A city US should *dominate*. A very high-yielding market. And slot-controlled, so that US is guaranteed to offer the most service. Really the perfect market for US. But FlyI went bankrupt, and they sold their slots for *pennies* to AirTran, who will now go on to be HPN's dominant carrier, offering big planes to places people want to go. US could've had those slots for next to nothing, and sealed its domination of the market, and added more markets that people want to go to. But they didn't. I'm not even blaming this one on the Tempe idiots; the CCY idiots would've done the same. But that doesn't mean they're all not idiots for blowing yet another US city. There ain't many left to blow.

Marketing folks were in GSO Monday and got lots of support from PTI staff and lots of GOOD press on the local evening news, all networks.

They stated that in six months if loads increase they will be adding flights.

Latest posts