Happy New Year!

We used nukes twice in history to end the bloodiest war known to mankind and frankly it worked quite well. they had one intention and that was to show that if you try and take America down you will fade from existence.
REally? How come Toyota outsells GM then? Apparently, nukes didn't cause them to "fade from existence". And it wouldn't surprise me to see Bush use nukes before his term is out.

Now, after Russia took theirs out of Cuba, we went ahead and dismantled ours (they were old and antiquated anyway) so in a round about way, Russia did get what they wanted. They just scared the crap out of the world doing it.
Not quite accurate......we had already planned on removing those missiles before the Cuban missile crisis.You are right,they were rather antiquated....the reason we were doing away with them was Sub launched missle technology came to be and we could get a nuke much closer than Turkey or Cuba for that matter,from Russian borders.

Moreover, what is important to know about this is that those U.S. missiles in Turkey were obsolete. The U.S. had already decided to remove the missiles in Turkey, not because the Soviet Union wanted them out but for other reasons. The United States had just recently developed submarine-launched missiles, and it thought better to put submarines in the Mediterranean that could hit the Soviet Union with nuclear weapons. There was no need to put land-based missiles in Turkey. Those missiles in Turkey were precarious. They're above ground and a terrorist driving by could shoot a bullet through one of them. So they were the kinds of things you wanted to remove. Thus, the U.S. was willing to risk nuclear war rather than trade off obsolete missiles for Soviet missiles. This was what has become known as the greatest moment - the greatest victory of the Cold War.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see Bush use nukes before his term is out.

I'd say in response,not offensively...

God bless our submarines ;)

That was my point, along with tens of thousand Iraqis.

I also hope 2007 will be a better year.
Have you ever served in a war HP/fa, I didn't think so, evever served in the military??? Didn't think so! So shut up about the 3000 soldiers that died ( GOD bless them) because if it were'nt for them your a## would be out there, and I'd kind of rather them be out there than you, safer with them than you.... I know I served for 8 years and DAMN PROUD of it :up: I hate that our soldiers were lost, unfortunatly thats the cost of freedom my dear!!! Go back and worry about how your senority will stack up against the SENIOR USAIR F/A's :lol: :shock: good luck!!

Not quite accurate......we had already planned on removing those missiles before the Cuban missile crisis.You are right,they were rather antiquated....the reason we were doing away with them was Sub launched missle technology came to be and we could get a nuke much closer than Turkey or Cuba for that matter,from Russian borders.

True but my point was that Russia did not know that. So as far as they were concerned, at the time they got what they wanted even though it was a hollow victory since as you pointed out the nukes were put into mobile invisible launch vehicles(subs).

Now why can’t all our discussions be civil like this?

REally? How come Toyota outsells GM then?
Probably because they stay on the road and out of the shop, come equipped years ago with what GM is just now realizing should be included, have a nicer ride, are quieter, smoother and all around better car than what GM can only dream of making.

Their new retro look trying to save themselves is asinine, like clown cars on the road instead of in the carnival.

No I don't own Jap, used to, now drive a German car. American cars are basically junk and why the big three are going the way of the airlines, down the crapper.

True but my point was that Russia did not know that. So as far as they were concerned, at the time they got what they wanted even though it was a hollow victory since as you pointed out the nukes were put into mobile invisible launch vehicles(subs).

Now why can’t all our discussions be civil like this?
I'll meet you half way ;)

I wouldn't be so sure. HIs invasion of Iraq was certainly offensive...I'm sure he'd try to spin it towards 9/11 and terrorists, but if I'm not so sure he wouldn't use them - offensively.
I gave it some more thought....offensively I could see him using some of those nice little bunker busters with a nuclear tip...but thats about it.I expect the Israeli's to respond in hand to some type incident sometime down the road first.

Since the ME seems to be the next place a nuke is either popped or launched (that is one point of the suicide bombers, to show they can deliver a nuke too), it seems to me the wise play would be to tread water in the ME, Manhattan project hydrogen fuel and tell the Arabs to drink their oil.

They've been using hydrogen cells since the Mercury project, for pete's sake!

Maybe when we quit putting oilmen in the White House... B)

Since the ME seems to be the next place a nuke is either popped or launched (that is one point of the suicide bombers, to show they can deliver a nuke too), it seems to me the wise play would be to tread water in the ME, Manhattan project hydrogen fuel and tell the Arabs to drink their oil.

They've been using hydrogen cells since the Mercury project, for pete's sake!

Maybe when we quit putting oilmen in the White House... B)
You're right about that....theres some nifty projects going on with water and getting the hydrogen/oxygen to go back into gaseous states.Its on Google...some guy runs a car on water...but guess who bought all the patents on most of the technology?

REally? How come Toyota outsells GM then? Apparently, nukes didn't cause them to "fade from existence". And it wouldn't surprise me to see Bush use nukes before his term is out.

KC I never said they faded from existence, I said the use of nukes 'intentions' was to show the enemy that we could wipe them from the face of the earth hence (fade from exixtence) if the need be. try google 'Hiroshima' and 'Nagasaki' and see if those two cities were'nt essentially wiped out entirely with the use of what then would now be considered two primative 'nukes'.

Yes Japan has become a powerful Nation economically and a staunch ally of the United States since, Is that by mere coinsidence?

KC I never said they faded from existence, I said the use of nukes 'intentions' was to show the enemy that we could wipe them from the face of the earth hence (fade from exixtence) if the need be. try google 'Hiroshima' and 'Nagasaki' and see if those two cities were'nt essentially wiped out entirely with the use of what then would now be considered two primative 'nukes'.

Yes Japan has become a powerful Nation economically and a staunch ally of the United States since, Is that by mere coinsidence?
Absolutely correct, local. Keep in mind also that following the surrender of Japan, McCarther became the De Facto emperor there. We took ABSOLUTE control of Japan, and enforced marshal law for years. One of the key reasons we were able to do this is because we COMPLETELY obliberated ALL will and capability to fight, BEFORE WE OCCUPIED THE COUNTRY. Within less than 2 decades, WE turned Japan into the democratic, economic powerhouse,as well as the staunch ally that it is. This might be a lesson we should take a second look at.

You're right about that....theres some nifty projects going on with water and getting the hydrogen/oxygen to go back into gaseous states.Its on Google...some guy runs a car on water...but guess who bought all the patents on most of the technology?

Stanley Meyer

Died of an aneurism (or poisoning) depending on your beliefs.

B) UT

Probably because they stay on the road and out of the shop, come equipped years ago with what GM is just now realizing should be included, have a nicer ride, are quieter, smoother and all around better car than what GM can only dream of making.

Their new retro look trying to save themselves is asinine, like clown cars on the road instead of in the carnival.

No I don't own Jap, used to, now drive a German car. American cars are basically junk and why the big three are going the way of the airlines, down the crapper.

I will continue to drive my Jeep.
If you want to know the problem with 'globalization' look in the freaking mirror.... :stupid:

Latest posts