Happy Thanksgiving To All

jj

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
I saw this message on another board and i wanted to wish all AA employees a happy holiday and good health to all.God bless us everyone! :up:

Guess What Wrecked Wrench::::
I'm not making anything this Thurs and Fri because I'm laid off after 27 years in the Airline Business and I have a 25 Year pin and certifcate from AA that says I have 25 years With AA--- Sorry I'm an EX_TWAer

WingNaPrayer said:
What is the 25 year pin made of? Can you hock it for a cobra payment? ;)
It is made of appreciation and respect for a company that has been good to him during the good times and the bad times. It reminds him of the efforts he has put forth to help make his company a better airline even tho the “so-called expertsâ€￾ never gave his company the slightest chance to survive during most of his years with TWA.

That pin will ALWAYS remind him of how fortunate he was to be one of the few people in this world to be happy doing what he enjoys doing, rather than being chained to a life of hating going to work each day.

That pin will be a constant reminder that others envy him, will attempt to take what he has earned and turn it to their own advantage.

That pin will never be “hockedâ€￾, but it will always be recognized by those in the airline industry as having been earned by one who has been a part of aviation’s finest.

On this day of Thanksgiving, we should all find something to be happy about, even if it is Someone else’s happiness.

Can anyone who posts on this board trade their CONSTANT NEGATIVE comments for a cobra payment? I doubt it.

Randy Kramer

F/Oaa said:
Guess What Wrecked Wrench::::
I'm not making anything this Thurs and Fri because I'm laid off after 27 years in the Airline Business and I have a 25 Year pin and certifcate from AA that says I have 25 years With AA--- Sorry I'm an EX_TWAer
F/Oaa, how can you be laid off after 25 years in the business at Twa? i know people with 24 years at Twa still employed. ????????? :huh:

skyflyr69 said:
F/Oaa, how can you be laid off after 25 years in the business at Twa? i know people with 24 years at Twa still employed. ????????? :huh:
...and I know some who had as many as forty nine years seniority at TWA who are currently in the unemployment line. It all depends on the job classification and the work location.

:(

WingNaPrayer said:
What is the 25 year pin made of? Can you hock it for a cobra payment? ;)
Hey Wing! Here's your chance to help out your laidoff coworkers. Pay somebody's COBRA.
I recall in the striking grocery workers thread you said, and I quote:

"I'm blowing my own horn very loud, I sent $2,500.00 and I hope each and every striking grocery worker stays the course!"

Just a thought... ;)

extwacaptain said:
It reminds him of the efforts he has put forth to help make his company a better airline even tho the “so-called expertsâ€￾ never gave his company the slightest chance to survive during most of his years with TWA.
My bad. I was sure he said it was a 25 year pin from AA.

In any event, in my estimation, still being furloughed anyway tells him that pin means absolutely nothing to AA, let alone the 25+ years. Employees are gone after that many years with a company for one reason . . . they are about to become a drain on the pension plan, can't have that now can we!

skyflyr69 said:
How can you be laid off after 25 years in the business at Twa? i know people with 24 years at Twa still employed. ????????? :huh:
It all depends on what job classification you had at TWA when AA took over. The most senior TWA pilots got integrated, I think 1 for 7 and the rest got put at the bottom. The TWA flight attendants got either 4/10/01 or 12/17/01 company seniority at AA and got put at the bottom of the seniority list (it all depended when they finished line training at TWA). The TWA agents, mechanics, rampers and schedulers all got integrated or put at the bottom of the AA seniority list. So yes, you will see some former TWA people with 34 years on furlough and some with 20 years still employed. It also depended on if you were a unionized group or not. Unless you have worked in this business you probably will not understand it to well.

WingNaPrayer said:
extwacaptain said:
It reminds him of the efforts he has put forth to help make his company a better airline even tho the “so-called expertsâ€￾ never gave his company the slightest chance to survive during most of his years with TWA.

In any event, in my estimation, still being furloughed anyway tells him that pin means absolutely nothing to AA, let alone the 25+ years. Employees are gone after that many years with a company for one reason . . . they are about to become a drain on the pension plan, can't have that now can we!
<_< Wing----- Doesn't say much for your Union or your company do'es it??? That's one reason I'll never Capitalize "american airlines"! You must be really eat up wing! You can't even let it be durring the Holidays! Too Bad!!!! :down:

WingNaPrayer said:
extwacaptain said:
That is because TWA LLC employees who marked their twenty five years with the airline after the merger received an AA twenty five years service pin to commemorate the occasion.

MCI transplant said:
You can't even let it be durring the Holidays!
The problems of the world don't stop just because you're celebrating a holiday, they continue on. The difference is the holiday serves as a deterrent where people don't pay attention to what's going on for a few days.

Not everyone is that gullible, and not everyone celebrates your "holiday" either. ;)