Happy Thanksgiving

Talk about memorable airline industry thanksgiving meals...

I remember eating a great thanksgiving dinner off the food truck at SFO over by the old cargo area and the TWA hangar in 97. (Before the new construction).

Best one I ever had was in MEM for Christmas one year. I worked on the unit that handled KL, and they put on an amazing spread.

That was the best roach coach in the universe.

Roach coaches are underrated!

Reactions: 1 person
I don't care that you don't care, all that matters is that I care!
Your the one who had to interject "Unions" into this thread and I don't care, that you do care !
So pass the gravy because maybe its the tryptophan talking. I have to ask why you work for DL instead of, oh lets say, B6?

...said the spider to the fly :angry2:

Err..............B6?

..............said the Mud Dauber Wasp to the spider

Mud Dauber : Mud dauber wasps tug on spider webs to mimic an entangled insect, then grab the spider and sting it into paralysis. The immobile spider is then stored in a nest as food for the wasp’s offspring.

Well we all know how you feel about union and union labor, seeing you haven't exactly held back your feelings on the topic. B6 is a total non-union shop, whereas DL has unions that apparently don't feel insulted by 'unions sux' rhetoric.

What would happen if the pilots went on strike and brought down Delta the Divine? Sure, it'll NEVER happen. But what if it does? If memory serves me, didn't the unionized pilots save the non-union worker's behind once, or did the story change on that one?

Even though B6 is non-union, their pilots have employment contracts with the company.

JetBlue pilots have individual five-year, automatically renewing employment contracts with the carrier.

What exactly does that mean? Does an automatic renewing contract mean they have it better than their unionized bretheren? Does individual mean that each individual pilot is given a review? Or does it mean individual groups such as CO and FO of A320s and CO and FO of E 190s?

Well we all know how you feel about union and union labor, seeing you haven't exactly held back your feelings on the topic. B6 is a total non-union shop, whereas DL has unions that apparently don't feel insulted by 'unions sux' rhetoric.

What would happen if the pilots went on strike and brought down Delta the Divine? Sure, it'll NEVER happen. But what if it does? If memory serves me, didn't the unionized pilots save the non-union worker's behind once, or did the story change on that one?

1st, please show me a post where I stated "UNIONS SUCK" !
2nd, why is it ok for people to come on here and preach pro-union rhetoric, but as soon as someone questions the benefit of having a union, it's blasphemy ?
You've got your opinion and I've got mine, they just difer on the benefits of union that's run by people that are no better than the people running the company your work for ! Hell, if unions are so great, why are the AA mechanics wanting to vote in a "NEW" union, in the middle of a bankruptcy? If unions are so great, why over the last 20 years have jobs, work and wages disappered, the unions "WERE" there during all of this, wtf happened ?

AGAIN ! Please show me where a union has benefitted its "Dues-Payers" from losing wages, benefits and work, during a bankruptcy !

Something wrong with working for Delta ? Ramp and FA's had a vote not too long ago and even with a rule change by the NMB, in favor of the unions, it was decided, by the majority, to keep them out, like it or not !