Has It Started?

Lady Mosquito,
It's my civic responsibility to make sure you keep your hands on the keyboard and your legs together under the desk - for the safety and welfare of all Americans. :p

WingNaPrayer said:
All right, who are you and what the hell have you done with the Bear??? :ph34r:
[post="184015"][/post]​

=================================================

WNP,
"It's me here, honest" !!!!

I realize that my recent opinion(s) are a diversion from the "norm', but I REALLY feel that we ALL are going to see some unusual things happening(good + Bad), in this TOTALLY wacky/F---ed up industry, that were all "hooked on"

As usual, time will tell.

NH/BB's
Retired/Thank GOD

DFWCC said:
Wow this is great 31 posts and still on topic.
Also like the difference of opinions.
Enjoying it.
[post="184271"][/post]​

DFWCC,

Have you ever yelled "FIRE", in a packed theater ?????

Just kiddin', great topic !!!!!!!

NH/BB's

WorldTraveler said:
MIA is in the same position as is the Caribbean. AA is very vulnerable to further LCC growth.

Really? Where are they going to put them? B-Con is just moments away from demolition and C-Con will follow. There are no gates to be had and AA controls the bulk. D-Con is major-AA and A-con, well forget it. If the LCCs want to set up shop in Sat-E-Con . . . to their own peril, let 'em have it!

To be honest, I don't think there is an LCC in existence, save for perhaps Southwest, that has the muscle to deal with those crooks that run MDAA. MDAA likes long term and very expensive contracts and LCCs aren't signing them. They aren't too sure of themselves just yet either.

With both Delta and JetBlue, and even USAir to an extent, focusing on building their operations in FLL, I don't think MIA is in any immediate danger of lawsuits over gate space.

Besides, in a nutshell, MIA is an absolute shithole. Who in their right mind would want to set up new shop in that place with all the turmoil over fuel and an uncertain economy? AA just needs to hunker down and keep their claws dug deeply into MIA and they won't have any worries. FLL is quickly approaching capacity so limits are about to be reached. When that happens, it will end up just being a matter of survival of the fittest.

FLL is itself a huge threat to MIA and one all of the airines have used well. However, eventually some LCC will find the gates to serve MIA. And keep in mind that airports like to show the feds that they have stimulated competition by creating opporutunities for new entrants - a contradictory premise to helping AA maintain its monopoly. And those LCCs are very efficient with their use of gates - a little goes a long way.