Hello Charlotte

corl737 said:
Come on, folks. Humility is essential for our success. Remember how UAL, US, DAL, and AA used to sneer at us for being such a piddly little operation? What goes around comes around. Let's be better than that!
[post="309499"][/post]​

"Humility" is not a trait possesed by the poster you responded to. Viewing the record of said poster HERE, will show words like, "inane", "sophomoric" or "flamer" to be more appropriate.

Unfortunately, some posters respond to said person as if he is a true representation of Southwest Airlines, which he is not, IMHO.

swflyer said:
"Humility" is not a trait possesed by the poster you responded to.
[post="309553"][/post]​

We're in unfamiliar territory at the top of the heap and it takes some of us a while to recognize that our behavior is watched more closely now than ever before. After being pelted with jabs, barbs, sneers, and degrading remarks for so many years it's hard to refrain from doing the "back at ya'!" routine. That being said, I do admire the passion of the messages! :)

coolflyingfool said:
Jetblue will be in CLT before SWA. IF Jetblue can do it, why can't SWA?
[post="310379"][/post]​

Patience, my dear, patience. :D

For 30+ years the name of the game is this: don't just go where you can do well, go where you will do best.

CLT will come when it reaches the right spot on the list. Let's continue to concentrate on getting the best bang for the buck. SWA's goal isn't to take over the world. It's not about ego. It's all about being profitable to support the employees and investors. If we wind up dominating the world, so be it. Regardless, I'll be quite happy to keep my stable paycheck!

Maybe with ATA pulling out of MSP, that will come in to the SWA system earlier than CLT. I would think that with no LCC in MSP with a large presence, that would be a good spot for SWA. Just my thoughts..............

Maybe with ATA pulling out of MSP, that will come in to the SWA system earlier than CLT. I would think that with no LCC in MSP with a large presence, that would be a good spot for SWA. Just my thoughts..............

Just saw this. Let's see how SWA responds ....

AirTran to fly from MSP to Midway

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS - Travelers will soon have another option for flying from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport to Chicago Midway.

Orlando, Fla.-based AirTran Airways announced Monday that it will begin offering four daily flights between the Midwestern airports starting Dec. 6.

The announcement came about a week after ATA Airlines announced that it was leaving the Twin Cities market. Northwest Airlines Corp. responded by raising its fares on the route.

The chief executive officer of AirTran, Joe Leonard, said travelers can now expect fares to come back down.

"We think we've got product superiority and the right size airplane," Leonard told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis.

The growing, low-cost airline uses Boeing 717s with 12 seats in business class and 105 passengers in coach. It offers XM Satellite Radio to passengers.

ATA used larger Boeing 737s.

Kevin Healy, AirTran's vice president of planning, said that a one-way ticket from Minneapolis to Chicago could be as low as $89, before taxes and fees.

AirTran now offers four daily flights from the Twin Cities to Atlanta and one flight per day to Orlando.

Latest posts

Back