Boyd Says Clt Is Next

TomBascom said:
Isn't that a little like predicting that the sun will rise?
[post="237569"][/post]​

In technical nitpicking as one on here likes to do the sun doesn't actually rise as the earth is not the certer of our solar system :unsure:

usairways_vote_NO said:
In technical nitpicking as one on here likes to do the sun doesn't actually rise as the earth is not the certer of our solar system  :unsure:
[post="237578"][/post]​

specifically its because the Earth spins (or rotates) on its axis -- toward the east.

this per dr. science

FM2436 said:
"Next likely WN target - Charlotte. The number two financial center in the nation, with strong business ties to key WN-served destinations. Again, not a traffic replacement for US Airways, but enough to make a good living for WN."

http://www.aviationplanning.com/asrc1.htm
[post="237568"][/post]​

Screw Boyd! Who's a$$ did this guy kiss to get his job??? I would listen to Captain Munn before this loser!

Bring um on... this time were ready for them. Their cost structure wont allow them to do what they have done before to US!

usfliboi,

Yeah, Us will be competing with their RJ's........yeah thats competition alright. Maybe that will scare Southwest....lol

unit4clt said:
usfliboi,

Yeah, Us will be competing with their RJ's........yeah thats competition alright. Maybe that will scare Southwest....lol
[post="239137"][/post]​
And those B of A and Wachovia execs. will love no assigned seating and sitting next to Bubba and his family with the trashbag carry on luggage.

PoorPropDriver said:
And those B of A and Wachovia execs. will love no assigned seating and sitting next to Bubba and his family with the trashbag carry on luggage.
[post="239140"][/post]​

With those Go Bubba Fares on US, Bubba and his homemade luggage will be your best customers.

As a CLT resident, I just feel US will be fine. BofA and Wachovia DO value US Airways. The relationship between BofA and US Airways is surprisingly solid. While the locals criticize us for the raped airfares (as they should), these two banks realize CLT is the #2 banking center in the US and want to see a hub stay in CLT. Don't be surprised if more money comes our way from these two banks. And I'll predict Wachovia..amazingly enough. Just one man's opinion.

As I tried to mention in another thread..
CLT values overseas destination offered by Usairways and the Star Alliance as well as cargo services ..something WN cannot offer...

Everyone just looking on domestic travel here but there is more to the industry..you know and I doubt WN can reach everywhere U can..

U direct to LAX or SFO oh WN can get you there after 2 stops on the way...

I have no doubt that CLT values those things. I also have no doubt that a significant segment of the CLT flying population values those things.

The key question is, do they value those things enough to cover the (necessarily increasing) unit costs that come from downsizing a long-established airline? As a sub-question, will the latest round of concessions sufficiently compensate for the (otherwise necessarily increasing) unit costs that come from downsizing a long-established airline?