Here's another theory for the LCC/DL merger...

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
I ran into a F/O in DCA yesterday and the subject of the merger came up. What he said made me think. What if DP's intention is not to merge with DL at all. You can put a bid on the table which is what must be done. With Varig, part of the Star Alliance, gone, a South American tributary no longer exists. What if DP's only intention is to get the South American routes, Aircraft, and gate space. Maybe his plan is to piece meal a way for DL to exit bankruptcy as a stand alone carrier. Just a little smaller.

DL still has firm orders from Boeing for 777 and more importantly 787 A/C. With Airbus not being able to produce the A350 until sometime in 2013, this might be an opportunity for our airline to get A/C at a faster rate so we can expand in Europe, South America, and beyond. If Delta wants to stand alone, they may want to make a deal with LCC to keep them as a stand alone carrier and our airline reaps the bene's.

This is just a theory of course...
But what if it could happen this way...
What do you think?

What do you think?

I think rich people employ smart people to figure out how to get influential people to set up a situation where lots of people have to put some money in the kitty.

But the richer people employ the smarter people who set up multiple paths to the same destination.:shock:

What if DP's only intention is to get the South American routes, Aircraft, and gate space. Maybe his plan is to piece meal a way for DL to exit bankruptcy as a stand alone carrier. Just a little smaller.
What do you think?

I think DP is smarter than that. Delta doesn't have any South American routes to go after. If DP wanted SA access, he would go after AA or CO.

And we don't have any orders for 787, only 5 777 orders if i'm not mistaken.

Maybe LCC is just using the takeover offer as a way to get a look at DLs books.

Latest posts