Homeland Insecurity

Usually is.
s60.gif

ATK announced that it is being awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE) for .40 caliber ammunition. This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds.
ATK was the incumbent and won the contract with its HST bullet, which has proven itself in the field. The special hollow point effectively passes through a variety of barriers and holds its jacket in the toughest conditions. HST is engineered for 100-percent weight retention, limits collateral damage, and avoids over-penetration.
“We are proud to extend our track record as the prime supplier of .40 caliber duty ammunition for DHS, ICE,” said Ron Johnson, President of ATK’s Security and Sporting group.

Must all be bullshit then.

Forgive the pun - but there is no smoking gun here. the links i have opened are editorials. Editorials are opininions and opinions are just opinions.

My friends up here claim to be unable to buy ammo because it fly off the shelf faster than they can be stocked. Could it be that the govt agencies are trying to keep their stores stocked because demand is too high? Or is it propping up the ammo industry as part of tarp to save jobs? Just askin'.

Forgive the pun - but there is no smoking gun here. the links i have opened are editorials. Editorials are opininions and opinions are just opinions.

My friends up here claim to be unable to buy ammo because it fly off the shelf faster than they can be stocked. Could it be that the govt agencies are trying to keep their stores stocked because demand is too high? Or is it propping up the ammo industry as part of tarp to save jobs? Just askin'.

Why does DHS need all this ammo is what you should be concerned with.
Why all the armored personnel carriers.
Why all the weapons.

Department of Homeland Security.......what are they securing and who are they concerned about?

Could it be that the govt agencies are trying to keep their stores stocked because demand is too high? Or is it propping up the ammo industry as part of tarp to save jobs? Just askin'.

Gee! I hadn't thought of that! Now it all makes sense why they'd need to "keep their stores stocked"....with enough rounds to shoot every man, woman and child in America 5 times!

I hadn't considered the "logic" of your last though. It MUST be that they're just trying to save jobs in the ammo producing companies...even though, as you note; it's flying off the shelves faster than it can be stocked.

Lots of questions. I thought you had all the answers. You are speculating. Look, all that needs to happen is for bloomberg and gates and or buffet to buy half the arms and ammo mfrs and shut them down. Most are privately held but enough are publicly traded and both will sell if the price is right. They are relatively inexpensive stocks. You want a ct with actual legs, there you go.

Lots of questions. I thought you had all the answers. You are speculating. Look, all that needs to happen is for bloomberg and gates and or buffet to buy half the arms and ammo mfrs and shut them down. Most are privately held but enough are publicly traded and both will sell if the price is right. They are relatively inexpensive stocks. You want a ct with actual legs, there you go.

And you are speculating that Dell is wrong !

Now it all makes sense why they'd need to "keep their stores stocked"....with enough rounds to shoot every man, woman and child in America 5 times!

You can even imagine your assinine response to be a "joke"? You have my sympathy, and strong suggestion to someday grow up. We're done here.

No speculation at all.......follow the paper trail.

Sorry...in the middle of some things.....one thing you should understand and comprehend.....when it comes to bullets, weapons and so on....if you a manufacturer....Uncle Sam goes to the front of the line...or you go out of business.....its law somewhere.....

And you are speculating that Dell is wrong !

Raise your right hoof and repeat after me: " Baaaaaaaaaaaah!".

I am asking for evidence that would convince me beyond a reasonable doubt. You shouldnt believe a theory just because it is all over the internet.

Even if there was evidence, you would still have to find a way to convince me thatmy close friends and family members who are in law enforcement at the federal level , state level and military will shoot me or anyone else just because they were ordered to.

You can even imagine your assinine response to be a "joke"? You have my sympathy, and strong suggestion to someday grow up. We're done here.

I'd say you were done when paranoia krept into your head and turned you into a crack pot.

Show me evidence that would convince me beyond a reasonable doubt that the govt is arming itself to control its citizens or shut up. Provide proof or stop spreading lies.

I have an open mind and have admitted when i was wrong before. Can you?

That is what I am asking you for. Purchase orders , sales orders, shipping documentation. I see none of that here or in my own google searches.

Dude....you posted a Fox report....and everybody knows about Fox News...

Here's 'crem de la crem' CBS MSM reporting the same....can't get anymore truthful than this:

But the Department of Homeland Security appears to be on a buying spree

Their most recent request is for ten million rounds of hollow point bullets for a 40 caliber pistol, another ten million rounds for a 9 millimeter, plus 1.6 million pistol cartridge 9mm *ball* bullets. And that’s just this year.

Last March, DHS bought 450 million bullets and in September, another 200 million.

That's in addition to the reported 1.6 billion rounds the government already had ordered.

During the height of the Iraq War, U.S. soldiers used about five and a half million rounds of ammunition every month. If you do the math here, that means the Dept. of Homeland Security has enough bullets to wage a full scale war for the next 30 years.

DHS says the bullets are needed for training, but military veteran Richard Mason is doubtful.

“We never trained with hollow points, we didn’t even see hollow points my entire four and a half years in the Marine Corps,” stated Military Vet Richard Mason. “Why would they need all those hollow points, why would the need all those ball rounds just for training?”

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/While-ammunition-is-hard-to-find-Department-of/__1tKhra5EaP41rnjsTh-Q.cspx

Jetblast is not interested in finding reliable sources regarding the purchase of billions of bullets by the DHS. He is only interested in arguing.

I posted reliable news sources (post #14) that have quotes from named agents of the DHS regarding the purchase of billions of rounds of ammo. The article also explains that law enforcement officers from 91 different federal agencies as well as state and local law enforcement officers, even international law enforcement officers, train at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga.

If Jetblast really had any interest in knowing the truth he would know that they use millions of rounds of ammo every year in live fire exercises which requires the DHS to find the best deal on ammo by purchasing large amounts at one time.

Somehow and for whatever reason, Jetblast just doesn’t seem to get it.

Latest posts

Back