Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Reuters
United unions look to replace Tilton-Business Week
Thursday February 20, 7:37 pm ET
CHICAGO, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Leaders of the pilots and machinists unions at United Airlines have been talking to potential investors in an attempt to get a bankruptcy judge to replace Chief Executive Glenn Tilton, Business Week reported in its latest edition released on Thursday.
http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/030220/airlines_united_1.html

Hey that's the ticket. Get the pilots to run the airline, they always know whats best and how to do it better than the rest. It seems to me that every CEO that the pilots have endorsed over the years has been run out because they won't do it the way the pilots think it should be done. Heck, why doesn't the head of the UAL MEC run the airline. Will see how long it floats then.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/20/2003 7:05:51 PM Hopeful wrote:

United unions look to replace Tilton-Business Week

Thursday February 20, 7:37 pm ET

CHICAGO, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Leaders of the pilots and machinists unions at United Airlines have been talking to potential investors in an attempt to get a bankruptcy judge to replace Chief Executive Glenn Tilton, Business Week reported in its latest edition released on Thursday.
----------------
[/blockquote]

And the hits keep right on coming...

The best estimate I'd heard of United surviving (that is, coming out of BK instead of being forced to liquidate) was 50/50. That was the best I've heard.

With this kind of petty bickering and horse&*%*($ going on, that's looking like long odds, indeed. And we haven't even touched the almost inevitable war with Iraq and the impact that will have on the industry.

I'd really love to read something, anything, that would make me feel optimistic about UNited's future, aside from a deus ex machina of government intervention to bail out United and the rest of the industry if a war with iraq has devastating impact on the sector.

Lessee, the mechanics are pissed at the pilots, the pilots are pissed at the mechanics, both of them are pissed at management, management doesn't give a rats behind about any of the employees and have been playing hardball with the creditors, and the creditors are this close to taking their planes and going home.

Sounds great.

-synchronicity

The union BOD reps don't control UA's destiny anymore. And they are doing their members a huge disservice by playing these games. Just like old times.

The creditors/BK judge will decide.

Who would you trust with your money; Glenn Tilton or Paul Whiteford?

We shall see...

Do the UA unions REALLY believe Bonderman or Davis or ANY venture capitalist including ANY state retirement fund is going to pander to their obsolete demands?

How many times are they going to force change in the CEO for political purposes? Answer: no more. Never again.

These guys are suicidal!

Unfortunately, they're gonna take me down with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.