How funny!

D

delta777

Received this e-mail this morning at TechOps. I bet he needs that cone more than we know.

Just wanted to provide you an update of our exciting day on the Hill! I was with the group from SC (all residents except the pilot) waiting to speak with our contact person from Senator Jim DeMint's office. I noticed some folks walking into the office they hesitated saw our KDMD buttons and started to back up. I then realized it was Doug Parker!! He started to come back into the office, I immediately approached him and introduced myself along with the rest of the contingent. He was accompanied by CA Howlett, ( SVP of Public Affairs), who seemed pretty amused by the situation. We chatted for a moment, I reached into my pocket and gave CA some KDMD bling.
The receptionist then told us, she would take the message to Sen. DeMint. So with Doug and CA standing there we delivered our information, including the number of signatures on the e-petition as well as the number of letters sent to Capital Hill and the administration. We emphasized we were all SC residents, active employees and retirees, all united to remain a stand alone airline, committed to KDMD. Everyone then expressed what it meant to them personally as well as our communities. It was truly a Kodak moment.
A special thanks to all of you for your help in putting this event together. The meeting with Doug was the icing on the cake!!
Anne Larkin
ACS Representative to
Delta Air Lines Board of Directors

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As my avatar shows "an injury to one is an injury to all." I also applaud your efforts.

It seems that the non union folks may know a little more about solidarity than some of the IAM "leaders."

Latest posts