US Airways' wish list for global flights grows

You have to "think" like they do in marketing. If the connection time is too long, people will book a quicker connection with some other airline. Doesn't matter that a longer connection is feasible from both a passenger and baggage standpoint. If we have to give some away sometime, that's ok. It isnt EVERYDAY. Well, in the summer, it nearly IS every damn day. We used to have an express flight to connect with the FCO flight. 50 minutes from F to A concourse? WHAT are they smoking? I want some too! ;)
They ought to pad the schedule abit, especially for the international banks. Throw an extra 20 minutes in. But then that plane has to depart its original location on time.

That is what LCC should focus on. More OnTime flights. Then connections can be made more, then pad the schedules. Seems easy to say, but that is beyond Tempe's way of planning.

How many Flights are over 60% OT? 60% would be a good rate for them. How many flights are never OT? Not all is weather related, there has been some nice days. T-Storms every other carrier has to deal with, its just how the work around it to minimize the problems. Tempe has to change its way of doing things. They are running a train with no engineer at the helm.

Another issue to resolve is the pilot seniority integration. If there is a consensual agreement to the Nicolau Award than the West pilots can fly these route, otherwise, the Transition Agreement would require the East piltos to fly virtually all of these routes.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Not if they add the planes to the west certificate.

Seniority issue is solved, the west prevailed and you lost, get use to it.

Sorry to disappoint everyone but the business casual brand is staying. The company is moving forward with business casual. The product will change a bit however, but it will take some time.

Shares/Quik is also staying. Not going away, but will be enhanced. This is all reality and part of the change. I don't like a lot of the things that have happened either, but it is a different approach to doing business. They have learned and are moving forward, at a much slower pace then previously planned.

Sorry to disappoint everyone but the business casual brand is staying. The company is moving forward with business casual. The product will change a bit however, but it will take some time.

Really? My sources say they understand in HQ that this was a sizeable cultural failure- although the product actually did not change very much at all, the labeling of 'business casual' has been outrightly rejected by both the customers and the employee group (and I mean the huge majority, not America West). What they thought was something fresh and I guess innnovative just came off as cheap and uncaring. An honest mistake for a shoestring company, but a misjudgement and lack of market knowlege that even a bare miniminum outside consultation would have told you.

The fact that your post begins with "sorry to disappoint everyone" shows me that you really aren't sorry, are clueless to why you should be, and like your/our leadership, have no idea who 'everyone' is.

Like I said, worst airline in the United States. It's right there in black and white. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone too.

Really? My sources say they understand in HQ that this was a sizeable cultural failure- although the product actually did not change very much at all, the labeling of 'business casual' has been outrightly rejected by both the customers and the employee group (and I mean the huge majority, not America West). What they thought was something fresh and I guess innnovative just came off as cheap and uncaring. An honest mistake for a shoestring company, but a misjudgement and lack of market knowlege that even a bare miniminum outside consultation would have told you.

The fact that your post begins with "sorry to disappoint everyone" shows me that you really aren't sorry, are clueless to why you should be, and like your/our leadership, have no idea who 'everyone' is.

Like I said, worst airline in the United States. It's right there in black and white. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone too.

Don't confuse "business casual" with "low cost carrier". Yes, the low cost element is keeping costs controlled, but not cheap. This is where the company intends on investing in it's product more. You are correct, low cost in it's early stage at the new company was misguided and with the enhancements and budget changes in the past 8 weeks, they will still stay within the "low cost" structure, but not take it to the "cheap" level with the customer.

The best thing that has happened thus far has been the employee input on some of those changes. Management has listened and heard them and have backtracked several times. It's unfortunate that they made decisions that they had to change, but at least they listened to the frequent flyer and they listened to the employees. Future endeavors will probably move more slowly.

Well I for one hope someone comes along to buys our cheap ass operation and throws Tempe out on their ear. When I dream at night I think if the Loony Toons skit. I imagine "Buisness Casual" stolling down the street with his "LCC" attitude and a piano falls right on top of him. But good job Spinner for towing the company line.

Eastern and Pan Am had an extensive international operation, despite other problems, and look how well it worked out for them... :(

The best thing that has happened thus far has been the employee input on some of those changes. Management has listened and heard them and have backtracked several times. It's unfortunate that they made decisions that they had to change, but at least they listened to the frequent flyer and they listened to the employees. Future endeavors will probably move more slowly.

They wouldnt have had to change their plans several times if they had listened to us BEFORE deciding they KNEW what was right. I still dont understand why management doesnt get every ounce of knowledge from the front line people (FOR FREE!!!) before deciding that someone working in a cubicle that only goes to the airport to fly on vacation knows more about the operation than those of us who have worked it for 40 hours a week for over 20 years. You might not agree with everything the employees say (and even many have differing views on the same subject) but at least HEAR what the frontline people think about something before some "cubile" makes up a new procedure or plan.

Don't confuse "business casual" with "low cost carrier". Yes, the low cost element is keeping costs controlled, but not cheap. This is where the company intends on investing in it's product more. You are correct, low cost in it's early stage at the new company was misguided and with the enhancements and budget changes in the past 8 weeks, they will still stay within the "low cost" structure, but not take it to the "cheap" level with the customer.

You must work in Tempe. Over 50% of what you posted is false from the POV of the passenger and the employee.

Just like a drug dealer should never partake of their product, so should Tempe never operate on the fantasies they try to sell. You might as well be living in an old style phone booth. A top-down management style is hardly considered agile, by anyone.

You're right they have learned!! More "Lessons" are planned so stick around. Trouble is those afore mentioned "Lessons" will be taught by the customers.

I don't know if you're right about the customers teaching this company a lesson. Fact is, there are still too many frequent flyers who b!tch and moan about how terrible the service and US in general is - but STILL refuse to go fly another airline (because of the conveniece of non-stops that US offers in certain market$, etc). Until the "bark" of the FF complaints against US becomes a "bite" there is no incentive for US to change/improve! US management knows this and they are taking full advantage of it!

Flying to India, China, Japan will help utilization of the A concourse. Flights to these destinations would arrive mid morning and depart mid morning. Actually India flight would probably arrive around 6:00 AM. China, HK, Japan all would leave around 11:00 to 12:00 to make connections at NRT or arrive at a decent time for a return to the states.

You could also send the Indian aircraft down to SJU for the day to then make the return flight to India in the afternoon.

There should also be serious consideration to expanding a bit from CLT. I'm sure it can support CDG. Then also flights to NRT, LGW, FRA from LAS/PHX.