How Long Before B6 Comes To Dfw?

LaBradford22

Advanced
May 15, 2003
Anyone care to take a guess? With DL downsizing and a new international terminal going in, there is plenty of room at DFW. I know AA plans to soak up a good chunk of it, but still, I have to believe that FL will grow its presence at DFW and B6 will be here sooner rather than later. I'm thinking sometime in 2006 B6 will announce a couple of destinations (probably JFK and BOS, but also possibly SJU and LGB).

*shrug*

Sure, B6 will probably come to DFW. But success at DFW is not guaranteed - just look at the experience B6 had at ATL.

I would not expect them anytime soon, especially after Atlanta. They don't need nor want the headache. However, word is they will announce two new station opening in early 2005. Those are Cancun and Miami.

I think that Airtran and/or Frontier are more likely entrants into DFW in a big way than JetBlue, at least in the short term. They already have a presence here, and they have a more extensive route system. Also, their business plan allows for more "short hop" type flying.

JetBlue is a definite alternative if you are in NY or FLL or LGB and want to fly to Dallas or Ft. Worth. But, what if you are in one of those cities and want to go to San Antonio? Even with the new train system next year, can you imagine arriving at DFW on JetBlue, exiting security, claiming your luggage (JB, like SWA, does not have a lot of interline agreements), getting that luggage to another terminal, rechecking it, going back through security? It ain't gonna happen.

I think Chicago would be a more likely target for JetBlue before they invade Dallas or Houston.

Back