How many MILLIONS will this 2 day blizzard set back USAIRWAYS?

840 am feb 17 .... Usairways.com suffering from tech problems cant check flight status....

I am on vol furlough from INT res..I do not miss this at all! I feel for my co-workers that are made to feel like they have to be there at whatever personal cost. For 20 years+ I went to INT (I live 25 mi away)and stayed in a hotel at my own expense so I could make it in to work, as U would not pay for accomodations unless you worked your 8 hrs PLUS an additonal 4 hrs overtime. In all those years I missed only 1 day for weather. Was that one occurance counted against me..You bet! Would I do it again...no way...Once you are away from the fear/harrassment mentality for awhile..somehow you realize there is a real world out there..imagine that!

Looks like they updated DCA and LGA to remain closed until Tues now.
Unfortunately, the US.com site is still showing the press release for yesterday and you cant check flifo on there either. So much for directing the people from rez to the website to get updated info....

I heard "Dave" was about to invoke the 3% wage reduction for unforcast blizzards that was negotiated in the concession package. Less than 20in of snow 1yr, 20+ 1.5 yrs.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/17/2003 10:59:03 AM tadjr wrote:

Looks like they updated DCA and LGA to remain closed until Tues now.
Unfortunately, the US.com site is still showing the press release for yesterday and you cant check flifo on there either. So much for directing the people from rez to the website to get updated info....
----------------
[/blockquote]
It's now noon and still no update to the website. Been up since 6 am with a friend who got stranded here in CLT last night. Could not get through to a human being in res.(was on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes) When prompted to check the flight status via the 800 number got nothing but a busy signal. Tried via computer...zip, nada, nothing. I got the "transaction cancelled by host" message. Finally went to the airport to find out that the flight she was booked on was xcld as were the next three. As an employee, I understand the wait on the reservations line, but there is no excuse for not updating the website in a timely manner. I am embarassed and po'd

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/17/2003 9:10:30 AM callgirlcindie wrote:

I am on vol furlough from INT res..I do not miss this at all! I feel for my co-workers that are made to feel like they have to be there at whatever personal cost. For 20 years+ I went to INT (I live 25 mi away)and stayed in a hotel at my own expense so I could make it in to work, as U would not pay for accomodations unless you worked your 8 hrs PLUS an additonal 4 hrs overtime. In all those years I missed only 1 day for weather. Was that one occurance counted against me..You bet! Would I do it again...no way...Once you are away from the fear/harrassment mentality for awhile..somehow you realize there is a real world out there..imagine that!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Ditto, however , I am on forced furlough and getting paid for it, don't miss it one bit.
Unfortunately, Some people had no self confidence enough to better themselves and move on and get away form "that mentality" when given the chance, myself and 250 others took the opportunity , ran with it, and I am sure loving it as much as I am, especially all the severance and flight bennies.

Once again the "support" system for those of us on the front line has gone kaput in a time of need. I wonder how many people have tried to check flights online and then called rez only to be on hold for hours who have gone to the airport to stand in lines for hours to be rebooked?You cant get anything on the website to work. No flifo or bookings, nothing. Anyone want to bet that 1) We wont hear anything about this muckup with the website at all and it will be like nothing happened, until they can figure out how much we lost the past few days or 2) They'll have some grand excuse and apology for why things didnt work, but no one will be held accountable and nothing will change so the same thing will happen the next time this occurs.
Anyone else have any other likely scenarios based on past performance?

Hmmm, I heard they closed a warm weather rez office last month..exterminated 250 A scale EXPERIENCED agents.......think that might have something to do with it? NAHHHHHH!!!!! [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

Mar 31st? I don't think so. But keep those net 1200 dollar checks a comin' Davey. Easter is still pretty far off babeeeeey!!

Flifo is unavailable on the website to people that have already bought their tickets...

But I did find that on usairways.com I can book a ticket to arrive at LGA tomorrow morning at 8:00am for $1129.

Think it will happen?!

[img src="http://www.drudgereport.com/nyc.jpg" border="0"]

As for the hotel next door to res in Pit. A couple of years ago you could be "put up" in the hotel overnight but had to work 4 hours ot to have it paid by the company. This is if you were already at work when the snow started to get bad.
I know because it happened to me in Indy--went to the motel--dirty, terrible place--checked in, slept in my coat and clothes and blanket I had brought along--I had already worked 2 hours ot toward the 4. Woke up the next morning and my car looked like the picture of the taxi above. However the door handle was covered. AAA would not come dig me out till the motel plowed. Motel would not plow, snack machines wern't working, restaurants next door closed, and I was stuck there 2 days!!!I had to pay for my own room--which cost more than the 1 1/2 pay I got for the 2 hours ot.
Woudln't it be nice to have someone working at home in these times?? You'd get help and so would the flying public. AND if you get hurt or have an accident trying to get to work---smack them with a lawsuit!!!

On average about 300 calls on hold. Even Preferred has at least a 40 min wait. This has been unbelievable and cannot wait to get things back to normal....wait a minute it still will be 300 calls on hold since now we will be dealing with baggage calls since that is another department that is understaffed. Just surprised that so far the company has not run ads in the newspapers for great sale fares to Florida to help increase the call volume. Patience is wearing very very thin in res and it is just a little harder to maintain a pleasent attitude dealing with some of these pax who feel we owe them something due to the weather. Some of the "demands" were just totally out there.

I can honesty say over the past few days most of the majority of passengers have been wonderful and still have a sense of humor, although it is sad...just not enough seats available if travelling to Florida these days...until next week...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/16/2003 4:41:41 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

???????????????
----------------
[/blockquote]

Since you're severed-n-happy, what's your point? It doesn't affect you at all, why should you care about what's going on.

For the folks who are actually working the front lines, working face-to-face with the passengers and the delays...

Just pray to the god of ST. FU...

Looks like this weekend is setting up to be rather interesting in the liquid form. Rain in the NE which could lead to flooding in the NE since all the snow will not melt and thunderstorms in the Mid Atlantic to Florida. Well on the positive side at least it is not ice or the white stuff!!!!!