How To Run A Winning Card Drive.

How many members does it take to start an investigation against an officer in the TWU!!!!

Answer: 1 member can file charges against anyone with in the TWU to start an investigation. Note: they need to be valid!!!

Under Amfa it is virtually impossible to start an investigation against an officer.

Checking it Out said:
Under Amfa it is virtually impossible to start an investigation against an officer.
What kind of crap is that Kevin??? Anyone can start an investigation against anyone. As a matter of fact I have been investigating the twu right here for quite some time now. If you were AMFA I would have started a recall vote on your ass and you would be out by now. As it stands the twu is set up as a dictatorship and there is not a chance in hell you would be removed for the lies deceptions and half truths you spew!!!

Checking it Out said:
How many members does it take to start an investigation against an officer in the TWU!!!!

Answer: 1 member can file charges against anyone with in the TWU to start an investigation. Note: they need to be valid!!!

An investigation? We don't need no stinking investigation. We want a re-call.

You guys have been posting links to letters from AMFA member re-called Officers. Can you name ot show us the links the to the TWU membership re-called Officers?

Decision 2004 said:
Maybe you could add a slogan, a few lies, a free hockey ticket, a free one day pass to BigSplash, a campaign of fear, and a t-shirt to the AMFA Constitution re-call of National Officers procedure and then Strake will understand it.
Or..."Need a save, get rid of Dave". We all understand that one. Maybe AMFA will wake up and send you packing, then again, they haven't been the sharpest have they.

Steve Connell said:
Or..."Need a save, get rid of Dave". We all understand that one. Maybe AMFA will wake up and send you packing, then again, they haven't been the sharpest have they.
ROFLMAO,

That's another good one Steve.

You are King of the Playground without a doubt.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Decision 2004 said:
ROFLMAO,

That's another good one Steve.

You are King of the Playground without a doubt.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
An overweight welder that no one really cares for that supports hotdogs over steaks, that's my goal in life.

Decision 2004 said:
An investigation? We don't need no stinking investigation. We want a re-call.

You guys have been posting links to letters from AMFA member re-called Officers. Can you name ot show us the links the to the TWU membership re-called Officers?
May I suggest you wite up a motion, Present it at the regular membership meetings and than allow the members to decide if this issue is of interest to them to pursue it thru the convention. Involvement is the key, the system does work!!!

Checking it Out said:
May I suggest you wite up a motion, Present it at the regular membership meetings and than allow the members to decide if this issue is of interest to them to pursue it thru the convention. Involvement is the key, the system does work!!!
Already did that in 1997,

Insufficient Interest!

Also of note, implementing Craft Union philosophies into an Industrial Union Structure, will destroy the TWU. You best be careful. The Seperate Local and Self Determination almost took the TWU out, anymore membership control and the TWU will implode on itself and be destroyed.

Craft Union or Industrial Union?

The AMFA drive, which appears to be rapidly evolving into an industry-wide movement, is in reality the continuation of a struggle between the craft unionism concept of workers organizations versus the theory of industrial unionism. AMFA supporters are generally adherents to the craft ideology, which holds that labor unions derive the bulk of their strength from member's skill, not simply the sheer number of workers, and should be organized accordingly. Conversely, TWU patrons tend to be advocates of the industrial unionism, which espouses the belief that the sheer numbers of members in the determining factor in strength of workers organizations, and all workers within a given industry should belong to "one big union" An individuals preference often appears related to his or her skill level, and both philosophies have gained acceptance during different eras of American labor history.

During the previous century and well into the 1900s the craft concept was embraced by most unionists as the only realistic avenue to strong, powerful worker organizations which could effectively negotiate better wages, hours and working conditions for members. The old-line craft unions created the American Federation of Labor (AFL) in 1886 and dominated the organization until the mid-20th century. These early trade unions, comprised almost exclusively of skilled craftsmen, vastly improved the lives of workers. Among their numerous accomplishments:

Major increases in wages, The 8-hour work day, The first minimum-wage law (Massachusetts), creation of the U.S. Department of Labor, and legislative restrictions on the use of injunctions in labor disputes. Amazingly, they achieved these impressive gains during an era renowned for government and corporate antagonism toward workers.

All-American workers owe a mammoth debt to those skilled and unionized craftsmen.

Industrial unionism, previously unable to sustain growth and toting the baggage of several well- publicized and disastrous strikes, blossomed during the late 1930s. The favorable legislation of President Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal and dynamic organizing drives combined to produce great gains in union membership. In 1938 a group of dissident unions, unhappy with the AFL's craft union culture, were expelled from the federation. They formed the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO) and focused their efforts on unionizing mass-production workers. The success of the unskilled workers' organizations was not rooted in the proven demand for highly trained professionals, as is true of craft unions. The industrial unions good fortune was fundamentally dependent upon circumstance: an expanding economy; beneficial Federal legislation; a regulated business environment; a dearth of competitive labor and projectionist trade policies. For a relatively brief period of time these conditions prevailed in the U.S., particularly in highly regulated sectors such as trucking, railroads and airlines.

The old craft unions of the AFL became jealous of the growth and wealth enjoyed by the CIO organizations and began to actively recruit unskilled workers. Many craft unions, once proud bastions of skill artisans with exacting requirements for admittance, relaxed standards so that anyone willing to pay dues was admitted. CIO unions aggressively solicited unhappy AFL units. Soon, a large number of craft unions and industrial unions were distinguishable in name only.

In 1955 the AFL and CIO merged and the "raids" ceased. The lure of enhanced revenues proved addictive, though, and craft unions continued to woo unskilled and semi-skilled workers. Numerous unions of the old AFL, once the domain of America's most skilled craftsmen, are now thoroughly dominated and controlled by unskilled labors.

References:

"The Encyclopedia Americana" International Edition, 1994. Vol. 16, Pg. 621-634

"Labor in America" by Foster Rhea Dulles & Melvin Dubofsky, 1993, 5th edition. Published by Harlan Davidson, Inc.

"THE FIGHTING MACHINISTS" by Robert G. Rodden. Published by Kelly Press, Inc., Washington, DC.

"Academic American Encyclopedia" 1989. Vol. 12 pg. 152-156.

*Ahem..whuuu hawpenned?

Posted: May 18 2004, 08:03 PM

Group: Senior Member
Member No.: 3,622

Look for the NBM Investigator Hennessey to grant the American Airlines Mechanic and Related Craft or Class a representational election on or before June 12th, 2004.

Final statements regarding protest of the original eligibility list will be due early next week.

The attempt by AA Management and the TWU Leadership to inflate the list has failed, and for the first time since the 1940's the workers will decide who should be the bargaining agent for the Mechanic and Related at AA.

Good luck, and thanks to everyone for years of hard work and sacrifice to make this a reality.

You heard it here first, and...

...There is nothing that can stop us now!

Steve Connell said:
An overweight welder that no one really cares for that supports hotdogs over steaks, that's my goal in life.
Steve, are you saying that when you lose your job at MCI, you will go to welding school. You had better learn to like hotdogs because you will not be able to afford steak!! I'm sure when j little signs that letter of agreement with the company to do away with your job, you'll wish the membership had a say!!!
You can have your twu, there is plenty to go around.............

Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rusty said:
What kind of crap is that Kevin??? Anyone can start an investigation against anyone. As a matter of fact I have been investigating the twu right here for quite some time now. If you were AMFA I would have started a recall vote on your ass and you would be out by now. As it stands the twu is set up as a dictatorship and there is not a chance in hell you would be removed for the lies deceptions and half truths you spew!!!
Rusty here is something else to think about.

Attachments

• AMFA_Democracy__Recall.doc
    26 KB · Views: 176
Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
Steve, are you saying that when you lose your job at MCI, you will go to welding school. You had better learn to like hotdogs because you will not be able to afford steak!! I'm sure when j little signs that letter of agreement with the company to do away with your job, you'll wish the membership had a say!!!
You can have your twu, there is plenty to go around.............

Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little does not have to sign an LOA to close MCI. Where is the language protecting them? There isnt any. When we rolled the system protection back, for those who had it, it effective rolled it back four times as much for those in MCI.

If the old contract language on system protection was still in place if the company closed MCI, anyone with around six years or more could grieve that a worker who was junior in seniority in the same job catogory was working. Even though they technically did not have system protection they still had 25% seniority. Layoffs are by seniority. By rolling the system seniority date back three years they effectively exposed anyone with four times that amount in MCI, so right now they could lay off everyone with 15 years or less.

You never know, they may do that in order to quiet down NY, one of the few stations where ex TWA get the 25%, at other stations they get 4/10/01. Ive been getting my basement ready so I could maybe rent it out. Maybe I can be Steve Connells landlord! How many years you got Steve?

Latest posts