How's Life?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
Interesting look into a rough world.

Behind every picture is a story, click in the link to find out.

6561602655_c1ddd9e477_m.jpg

Chris Arnade-Faces of Addiction

Interesting look into a rough world.

Behind every picture is a story, click in the link to find out.

6561602655_c1ddd9e477_m.jpg

Chris Arnade-Faces of Addiction

Sadly a world I am well aware of. My story is one of falling in love with a recovering addict who just couldn't keep it together. A story of watching someone you care for sink back into the abyss of addiction. The lies, coercion, manipulation, theft and selling not only ones body but their very soul. Sadly no matter how hard you try, you can't love someone out of being an addict. No matter how many times you hold them as the tremble, shiver & shake from being "Dope Sick", the sad fact is addiction will say anything, do anything in order to protect itself. The promises are as empty as the syringe, the sadness as full as your bank account used to be. It drains the life out of the person and the family that loves her. It turns people violent and threatening if they think it will get you to give them money.

The only known cure lies within the addict. The stories are different, the abyss of addiction never changes it merely accommodates. It knows no socioeconomic boundaries, it is relentless and unforgiving.

None the less they are God's Children, the least of our Brethren and we are commanded to treat them as we would anyone.

Sparrow,
Everything, every word you wrote is EXACTLY the ....way it IS.
Brother, we don't agree on politics, BUT I'm sure with you 1,000% on this !!!!

Sparrow,
Everything, every word you wrote is EXACTLY the ....way it IS.
Brother, we don't agree on politics, BUT I'm sure with you 1,000% on this !!!!

Well Tom I seriously hope you never have to go through what I went through! EVERY Dollar I ever saved went up her arm and now I'm 57, nearly broke, living 1200 miles from home (Due to death threats from her dealers) and precious few solid job opportunities.

The last indignity was having to change my screen name here. Now I don't much care as I've decided that it's better to die on my feet than live on my knees. Let her drive out here to find me. I'm stick a fork in me DONE with her horsesh*t. She wants to come kill me? Go for it. Best hope she hits me because my 9mm Baretta shoots straight and true.

All the best Tom and keep standing up for what you believe, debate is what keeps us free. That and a large standing Army and a well armed populace. Live Free or Die!

Well Tom I seriously hope you never have to go through what I went through! EVERY Dollar I ever saved went up her arm and now I'm 57, nearly broke, living 1200 miles from home (Due to death threats from her dealers) and precious few solid job opportunities.

The last indignity was having to change my screen name here. Now I don't much care as I've decided that it's better to die on my feet than live on my knees. Let her drive out here to find me. I'm stick a fork in me DONE with her horsesh*t. She wants to come kill me? Go for it. Best hope she hits me because my 9mm Baretta shoots straight and true.

All the best Tom and keep standing up for what you believe, debate is what keeps us free. That and a large standing Army and a well armed populace. Live Free or Die!

Hey,......"Live free or Die", that's my state Motto !

Good Luck Sparrow.
I'll keep a good thought out for you, you'll catch a break. ($) I've got a good feeling about my prediction !

Back