I checked this morning and was concerned. Somebody provide information please.

journeyman24

Jul 1, 2017
To tell the truth I google airline prices daily to check for trends. My chief site is Cheapoair. I aspire to visit Phnom Penh in a few years. I looked at a flight called Korean air. Two days ago it was 767 to fly there from SFO. Today, it was 794. There's more though. I looked at the weekend right before the Superbowl this year and the price to fly to Phnom Penh from SFO was 480. What do you think the odds are that the prices will still be sub 500 by the time it's the weekend right before the superbowl? Or around there? I calculated it and the price went up like 1.4 percent already. I DO NOT want the price to go up that much annually AT ALL. Thus even IF there was a price increase I don't envision more than a 1.02% price increase annually. Isn't that right?

Predicting ticket prices several months in advance is a fool's mission. If seats are selling for less than $500 now, the only way you can guarantee that price is to purchase your tickets now. Be aware that as a rule, the cheaper the ticket, the more restrictions--such as no changes, no refunds. I would not buy a no refund ticket this far in advance, but that's just me. If you can afford to lose $500, go for it.

Keep this in mind, if your flight doesn't have a lot of sales, there may be tickets even cheaper than now the closer you get to departure date. However, this is much like trying to purchase a "sure thing" stock that will only go up in value. It's a game of ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances.

Predicting ticket prices several months in advance is a fool's mission. If seats are selling for less than $500 now, the only way you can guarantee that price is to purchase your tickets now. Be aware that as a rule, the cheaper the ticket, the more restrictions--such as no changes, no refunds. I would not buy a no refund ticket this far in advance, but that's just me. If you can afford to lose $500, go for it.

Keep this in mind, if your flight doesn't have a lot of sales, there may be tickets even cheaper than now the closer you get to departure date. However, this is much like trying to purchase a "sure thing" stock that will only go up in value. It's a game of ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances.
So to be sure this is basically like trying to predict gas prices in a month or two?