IAM Dues Update

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
[STRONG] [/STRONG]word form inside the PIT union office is they are expecting to RAISE dues in ''03.can one believe this?[BR]they wonder why all the AMFA moves?probably now due to all of US being OUT OF WORK,now they don''t have enough to pay their bills.

Just wait until the MIA IAM gets sued. What a collection of a$$ monkeys.

Didn't the 1.2 mil kickback that they took from the company help them enough.....

[FONT face=Arial]
[P]DELLDUDE,YOU MAY WANT TO REVIEW SOME OF YOUR PREVIOUS POST REGARDING YOUR TRUSTED FRINDS AT THE IAM CONCERNING DUES ![/P][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=1]
[P]1[/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=2]. LDKIAM wrote 11/12/2002 6:00 pm [/P]
[P]You are wasting your time, if you took the time to find out how and when dues are calcualted you would have found out the dues will be reduced come January[/P][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=1]
[P][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=2]2. DELLDUDE WROTE:[/P]

[P]constitution allows 2 times the hourly rate ,but they don't go there in PIT cause of the size of the local.although i hear they pay more in CLT than we do in PIT.we were making $25.23/hr in '97 @19.75 twice a month.my best guess is around $38-40/month. 412-472-7336-[/FONT][FONT face=Arial][FONT color=#0066ff size=3]ask for frank-tell him leroy sent you.he'll know.[/FONT][/P][/u][/FONT][FONT face=Arial color=#007f7f][/FONT][FONT face=Arial color=#007f7f]
[P] [/P][/FONT][u][FONT face=Arial]
[P]3.[/FONT][b][FONT face=Arial size=2]DELLDUDE WRITES:[/P][/b][/u][/FONT][FONT face=Arial size=3]
[P align=center]modify johnnnie kennedy's [u]famous line[/u]:[/P][/FONT][b][u][FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=1]
[P][/FONT][FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=3]DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR UNION CAN DO FOR YOU....ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR UNION[/FONT][FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=1]![/b][/u][/FONT][FONT color=#000000][FONT face=Arial size=1] [/FONT][BR][FONT face=Arial size=1]ALL THE POSTS REFLECT WHAT I SAID EARLIER:[/FONT][BR][FONT face=Arial size=1]YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF SNIVELING WAA-WAA CRYBABIES.[/FONT][BR][FONT face=Arial size=1]WHAT THE RAMPIES SAY ABOUT THEIR NON-ABILITY TO GET A UNION THE FIRST TIME[/FONT][/FONT][FONT face=Arial color=#007f7f][BR][BR][FONT size=3]DELLDUDE writes again:[/FONT][BR][FONT size=4]will there be pizza and beer after the amfa meetings?[BR][BR]this may sway me.[BR][/FONT]_________________________________________________________________
__________[BR]$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$[BR][FONT size=3][BR]DELLDUDE, I'm still not sure about the pizza and beer but the items below may help to SWAY you.[/FONT][BR][/FONT][b][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3][BR]·[/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Elimination of aircraft receipt and dispatch by Mechanic & Utility employees.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Reduce the Utility function at PIT, CLT, and PHL to only thru-flight cleaning.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Outsource lavatory and potable water servicing.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Discontinue using Mechanics to de-ice aircraft.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Outsource plant maintenance work.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Outsource Ground Equipment maintenance (GSE) from all stations except BOS, CLT, LGA, PIT, and PHL.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Daily maintenance checks to be performed by vendors.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Eliminate occupational injury (OJI) bank.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][SPAN style="COLOR: red"] [/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000]Delete real estate provisions in plant closings.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][FONT color=#000000] Eliminate the two percent 401(k) match.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/b][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][b][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3]·[/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Elimination of aircraft receipt and dispatch by Mechanic & Utility employees.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Reduce the Utility function at PIT, CLT, and PHL to only thru-flight cleaning.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Outsource lavatory and potable water servicing.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Discontinue using Mechanics to de-ice aircraft.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Outsource plant maintenance work.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Outsource Ground Equipment maintenance (GSE) from all stations except BOS, CLT, LGA, PIT, and PHL.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Daily maintenance checks to be performed by vendors.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000] Eliminate occupational injury (OJI) bank.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][SPAN style="COLOR: red"] [/SPAN][/FONT][/FONT][FONT size=3][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT color=#000000]Delete real estate provisions in plant closings.[BR][/FONT][SPAN style="COLOR: red; mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-char-type: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]·[/SPAN][/SPAN][FONT color=#000000] Eliminate the two percent 401(k) match.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/b][/P]
[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=3][FONT color=#000000][FONT face="Times New Roman"] [?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/P]
[P]___________________________________________________________________

i'm being attacked.....[BR]i just found out this info earlier...much to my suprise.[BR]by the way,will i see you at the dinner dance saturday,jetmechonline?i'll be sitting with Frank.[BR]please be gentle....
15.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/1/2002 9:16:55 PM DELLDUDE wrote:

[STRONG] [/STRONG]word form inside the PIT union office is they are expecting to RAISE dues in '03.can one believe this?
they wonder why all the AMFA moves?probably now due to all of US being OUT OF WORK,now they don't have enough to pay their bills.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I'd recommend that people file "objector status" which brings your dues down quite a bit and give the IAM the minimum you need to just support negotitations and that is about it. I know that TPA mechs were doing it by the droves. However, be warned, that being on this status keep you from voting - but before an election, you can always reinstate.

The IAM needs to go. Vote in AMFA or whoever, but the IAM has only negotiated pay cuts for you all, when the duty of a union is to stand in front of the company, at all costs, and tell them to go to heck when it comes to concessions or other violations, ESPECIALLY, have cock-schemes like "retro" give backs. During the good times, we were promised retro and NEVER got it. The IAM is the company's poodle and as long as their leadership lives well and so on, they represent themselves, not us.

I just know that AMFA farmed out tons of NWAC work, so I don't know if they were responsible either. It's a touch choice, but a week before my furlough, I mailed my AMFA card in.

Any union that agrees to any pay cut, should have told the company where to go when the idea came up. The IAM did the road shows FOR the company's position. In the scenario that US Airways imposed their desires on the company, the IAM should have threatened and followed through with "mutual assured destruction."

The famed "funny business" should have started. Four hour deicing ques, tagged out jetways, plastering the planes with MELS, etc. There are ways to get your point across, without endangering people. Many of those would be defacto "safety" issues that the company would have no choice but to deal with. Discipling the involved mechanics would have been bad news, since they'd have a legal case for intimidation to overlook safety concerns to save money [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif'].

We all know that there are those "questionable" items that are not safety-related, that can be MELed and take up a good amount of time for repair. Especially when those mechanics are being paid below industry average. A less paid mech does less work and needs ALL of his proper manuals and MUST follow all proceedures down to the letter [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/16.gif'].

The IAM was conspiciously abscent, with the WARN act violation and other goings on in TPA. Don't tell me that the MEC didn't know TPA was going to be executed last week and played the corporate organ in the opera.

So, the end of the game is near for the IAM. Play like a union, guys. Read some books on the golden years of labor and see what hell you should imposed on your employers when your treatment and compensation is unacceptable. Do you remember the days when workers would block access to worksites (or terminals in our case). Deface company equipment and even have roadshows to corporate leadership's homes to remind them of their bad judgement? There is a union. The IAM is a bunged beaurocracy, one interested in support its own big infrastructure and nice payouts for it leadership. We need some good union leadership, ones that acts like the Teamsters, Miner workers unions and the textile unions of the 20s and 30s. They made Lowell, Lawrence and Nashua hell for their management.

I can't even seen an organized sick out yet, guys. Or a walkout right when deicing is about to kick in on a Sunday night in a hub.

Our union takes our money and every few years shows up and negotaites a new contract. Then they negotiate it all away wihin years. Now, they're willing to come back for more.

You'd, think with all the pressure to get them off the property, they pay attention and start playing offence for a change. Maybe when the time comes for an AMFA vote, someone over there would catch a glimpse of reality.

I've often had problems with the AMFA, so wasn't one of the first ones to sign up. But, I'm out the door and wanted to do at least something to contribute to the demies of the IAM for giving up my pay raises and no-furlough clause.

By the way, congrautulations to the mechs at UA who also told the company and unions where to go. You want us to have a "cost structure" like WN or other lowcost carriers, but their people pay even more than we do.

A few parting thoughts:

You gave already. Stand in front of the train if you need to get a no vote through for the second round, which Dave promised wasn't coming.

Vote AMFA, vote the International Grocers Union, National Federtion of Teachers or ANY, ABSOLUTELY ANY union in that will get the traitors off the property. Maybe after UAL throws them off the property, then they'll realize that representing unions isn't such a bad idea.

The IAM sucks, US Airways sucks.