IAM Withdraws from Labor Coalition

On a much lighter note I will make the prediction that we will have many of our problems behind us shortly. Maybe with Tilton here we can finally learn to play like good boys and girls. If we can get our house in order I truly believe that we will become a force to be reckoned with. Enough with the cliches already!!!

ExThunderGuppy,

I agree. I think we will resolve our problems shortly, one way or another. Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Tilton today and came away very impressed. Despite his short tenure, he has a firm grasp of industry issues and appears to be what he was advertised as being: very sharp, very decisive and tolerates no b.s.

kcabpilot,

Ok, we can agree to disagree. I'll still hold to my opinion as I'm sure you will. No problem there. Let's hope we can all start working together to turn things around and build a better UA for the future; one where we can finally put the past where it belongs: to rest.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/15/2002 4:21:02 PM UAL777flyer wrote:

You can deny it all you want. Nobody is stupid enough to admit a job action. But a slowdown is a slowdown.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Wrong, a slowdown can simply be the lack of incentive for employees to go above and beyond the normal call of duty which many, many UAL employees were doing prior to the disaster that the 2000 contract negotiations became. When management decided to sideline contract renewals and focus with complete tunnel vision on the US Air aquisition they unknowingly, through absolute ignorance, were destroying their most valuable asset - the morale of the workers. It's just common sense - if you badmouth the cook don't be surprised if you find snot in your baked potato.

Of course that IS all water under the bridge now and we DO have to move beyond it, I agree with all that and I'm more than willing to do it. But I'm not going to hogtie myself to NINE BILLION DOLLARS worth of concessions that amount to a blank check handed to a management that has proven themselves inept. AS I said before - it's absurd.