If We Go To War

Dave stated at the PIT road show last summer that the computer models used to simulate our restructuring DID NOT include a conflict or sizeable war in the middle east. He did however say that they did look at a possible accident, and of course to no surprise that scenario would be very bad.

To answer your question; Perhaps they have evaluated the situation since but as of last summer they did not have any conclusive data. It would appear perhaps that a "war scenario" would produce disastrous results therefore they elected not to run such an event. Denial perhaps, or simply not enough information.

Dark Wrench,

I'm glad that you think so highly of yourself, but we are not here because of you, maint in my station is contracted out to $10-12 per hour fbo mechs. The company could train their own mechs in all of the hangers if there ever was a shortage. Just like at Auto dealerships, sales and service people should be the most highly compensated.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 1:53:27 PM Dark Wrench wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/17/2003 5:30:37 PM Biffeman wrote:

Did we not get 200% back in 1994 and 1995 when we gave back our 3.5%?

Yes we did![/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]And we spent a week on the line for "language".

Boy did -----"[STRONG]we get it back[/STRONG]".

"[STRONG]Yes we did[/STRONG]!"--------Right

And here we are now.
The years of concessions never end.

Let me pay more for medical insurance so you can dump lavs, and others can be tug slugs.

While I might not agree with Chip on most issues, i find it appauling that some schmuck off the street trys to ridicule, and throw stones at a [STRONG]faa certified airmen.
[/STRONG]
Keep this little fact in mind [STRONG]Pilots, Mechanics, Dispatchers are all liecense required positions. We did not get our positions while riding the coat tails of others.
[/STRONG]
You are here only because we are here.

[STRONG]And don't ever forget it.[/STRONG]
----------------
[/blockquote]
------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's a nice little emotional response, but a little light on facts and analysis.

1. Fleet has only been under contract since 1999. Exactly how have we ridden your coattails? What were we doing all those years prior to the 'blessed' arrival of the IAM? All the initial contract did was ratify the company's personnel guide. The initial contract featured parity plus one and NO PENSION. Not exactly the high life.

2. Kindly explain how fleet service over at WN currently tops out at $25. Who's coattails have they been riding on?

3. Kindly explain how WN gets their fleet serviced with a LOT fewer mechanics than U does? Who's riding on who's coat tails?

If you'll bother to check your history, craft unions are doomed to fail, and for two reasons. Eventually, they either price themselves out of the market, or their craft becomes obsolete. And secondly, the elitism, of which you are a very nice example of, plays into management's game of divide and conquoer. Or haven't you been paying attention to how management just played ALPA?

You can respond with abuse if you wish - I could care less. But you might think about resorting to the facts, inconvenient as they are.

And one final thing - I was all for organizing fleet, and I was deadset against the IAM. The 'us against them' thing was why.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR] [BR]3. Kindly explain how WN gets their fleet serviced with a LOT fewer mechanics than U does? Who's riding on who's coat tails?[BR][BR]diogenes:we do heavy overhauls,wn is just starting into heavy's.when they gear up,they will have to hire a lot more mech's.you can't judge our plane to mech ratio without considering what kind of maintenence a company actually does.[BR]wn does a 'c' chk program which is very light on mech support.we do 'c's also,plus q's and s chks.balance chks,etc.j [/BLOCKQUOTE]