Something To Be Proud Of...

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
US Airways Salutes World War II Veterans as Official Airline Of
'America Celebrates the Greatest Generation'
Wednesday February 4, 10:37 am ET

ARLINGTON, Va., Feb. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- US Airways will celebrate with our nation's capital in 100 days of festivities this summer honoring the contributions of the World War II generation, as the official airline of "America Celebrates the Greatest Generation," to be held Memorial Day through Labor Day.

"As Washington's hometown carrier, we are very excited to be a part of such an inspirational addition to our nation's tradition of honoring our heroes," said Ben Baldanza, US Airways senior vice president of marketing and planning. "With our convenient schedule of flights to and from the Washington-Baltimore area, including the most nonstop flights to Reagan Washington National airport, we are able to provide the easiest access for families and friends to celebrate the patriotism of 'the Greatest Generation' all summer long."

"We value the partnership with US Airways and look forward to working together to honor the 16 million who served in the U.S. armed forces during World War II, the more than 400,000 who died, and the millions of Americans who supported the war from the home front," said William A. Hanbury, president and chief executive officer of the Washington, D.C. Convention & Tourism Corporation. "We look forward to working together to bring Americans to Washington for what promises to be one of the most high-profile events of the year."

The partnership will include discounts and special packages to World War II veterans and other groups flying to the D.C. area during the 100-day celebration and a joint advertising campaign.

America Celebrates the Greatest Generation will kick off immediately following the Memorial Day Weekend launch of the World War II Memorial and continue through Labor Day Weekend. More than 6 million visitors are expected to visit the region during the summer months. Dozens of World War II-themed exhibitions, performances, walking tours, parades, restaurant offerings, hotel packages and more will honor the World War II generation throughout the National Capital Region. Exhibits and performances range from the "The White House at War: 1941-1945" at the White House Historical Association and the "Flag Day Family Festival" at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History to the "Spies Among Us" exhibit at the International Spy Museum and the "Parade Salute to America's Greatest Generation" down Constitution Avenue on July 4. The celebration will be managed by the American Experience Foundation, the not-for-profit arm of the Washington, D.C. Convention and Tourism Corporation, in partnership with Cultural Tourism D.C. :up:

AP Tech said:
WIND UP DELETED
you know ,why do you guys have to turn something so positive in to something negative. geez give it a rest already. get a life. :angry:

AP Tech, my father and grandfather fought in those wars that give you the precious right to say whatever you want. However, I am proud that USAirways is honoring them and their memories.

That Benny B sure ain't a smooth guy though. Why insert a blatant plug 'most flights to Reagan.....provide the easiest access etc' during his tribute. And I'll wager the 'special discount' is no more than the paltry 10% that all convention-organizers proclaim they've secured.

Ben is not only desperate he looks silly by cheapening a tribute with a product pitch. There are other ways sir.

Have to ask yourself though: would you feel comfortable buying an advance-fare ticket from this guy??

I apologize to the boards, I was out of line with my comment. I have nothing but respect for Veterans of any campaign, its U that I have no respect for......

For those who may not be aware, there is a web site up :

http://www.WWIImemorial.com/

They are trying to create a registry of all who served in WWII. They have picked up many from various archives and have also missed many. You may enroll a family member or friend at the site. (All post are reviewed prior to be included.) There is a search engine there but it does not work well. I found the best results by listing only the last name.

Best of luck to all at U.