Important message to the AFA members

C

chipmunn

Fly:

Fly said: "In fact, many flight attendants, especially the senior ones, would see a significant hit on the pensions. The numbers aren't very pretty for the pensions. I know that Teddy Xidas has posted on this website recently, Teddy, please post the facts to support this claim."

Chip says: Fly, if true, this could be cause for a Duty of Fair Representation lawsuit and/or an individual lawsuit filed against the union official because the elected official provided "inaccurate information". This could leave Mollie McCarthy and Teddy Xidas, as well as other elected union officials, liable for individual lawsuits.

What would this be like with no job and huge legal fees?

I also find it interesting with the cuts the US F/A's recieved a better deal than the UA F/A's, whose 9 percent cut is interim, with more concessions likely to come.

It now looks if any TA is not ratified, the Company is going to go to court with an S.1113 motion and the cuts will be deeper for those unions who fail to ratify an agreement or the airline will be liquidated.

Chip

It is my understanding that both Mollie and Teddy have stated that if the company is liquidated, flight attendant pensions will not be affected. Don't believe this information. Ask the AFA to display the actual numbers to support this statement.
In fact, many flight attendants, especially the senior ones, would see a significant hit on the pensions. The numbers aren't very pretty for the pensions. I know that Teddy Xidas has posted on this website recently, Teddy, please post the facts to support this claim.
Finally, it is worth pointing out that UA flight attendants just ratified their pay cuts by a 94% margin. In fact, their pay cuts will put their hourly pay rates below US Airways. And keep in mind that these cuts are merely interim, meaning more significant cuts in work rules and benefits are still to come. Our flight attendants made out better than UA flight attendants on pay because they took a 9% cut versus our 8.4% and our cuts only apply to flight attendants at the 6 year and above scale. At UA, the cuts are across the board.