Let's Make This Simple

C

chipmunn

As Lakeguy67 said, So far US Airways is batting 100% in having every motion they have filed granted to them.
If either the CWA or IAM-M restructuring agreement is not ratified the company will ask Judge Mitchell to terminate any union contract that has not been voluntarily restructured. If this occurs the company will be free to impose deeper cuts in pay, work rules, and benefits. Considering the court has approved every US motion, this is a strong indicator the unions will not win their claim while working for a bankrupt company.
Therefore, a no vote is extremely likely a vote for deeper cuts in pay and benefits, but the company may never make it through the S.1113 hearing.
Instead it just could push the creditors committee to petition the court for an immediate liquidation of the company.
If you want the company to impose deeper cuts or the business entity to liquidate, vote no. There are no options for Siegel, but to cancel any union contract that does not have a ratified restructuring agreement in hopes of staving off liquidation.
Chip

It doesn't matter anymore. I intend to vote no, but it is not all my fault. If it makes you feel better though you can blame it on me or whomever. I am truly sorry, but I can not see many mechanic votes for it. Time to move on. While things are still running I will do the best job I can and hope for the best with this mess, but I would say that it will not be a pleasant path. It is not the end of the world it just means we must find other work. There will still be plenty of joys in life. Heh and who knows maybe the we will get a fair deal in the end anyhow.

Hey there u go again Chip
The real question is what will happen if we do vote it in
BAD+BAD= really bad
If we don't you still have your writing career
if we do we don't have a career as we know it now
and if we don't who knows no one is really saying.
Where is the info all the lawyers are giving for all the money there being paid

Well Chip Worse case scenario you can branch out in your new journalism field and you will still have a job writing chips corner and maybe a column in the Charlotte observer

AgtN3 & Pitguy:

If your restructuring agreement is not ratified, what do you believe will happen to your contract and the company?

Chip

I mean…these other guys are so sniveling right…but God do I love your attitude…I truly hope the best for you…even if it goes bad, and the company punishes you for even daring to stand up, you know these snivelers will STILL come in and work for these a*ses.

Pitguy:

Pitguy said: It doesn't matter anymore.

Chip asks: If it doesn't matter to you, why do you continue to post and write about it on the message boards?

Again it's simple, if you want the company to survive, vote yes. If you want the company to fail, vote no.

Chip

I've tried to stay out of these union-company squabbles, but Chip, and I tend to find more to dislike than like about airline unions in general, but Chip, I really find your constant hammering about the risks of no votes to be distasteful, if not insulting to your co-workers.

It's one thing to weigh in on this, but for months, you've been nearly crusading for your co-workers to vote yes. That simply is not your place.

No one did the same when you and your fellow pilots voted on the TA, and frankly, it's their choice to make.

If they don't approve it, will they end up worse off? Perhaps. My crystal ball is on the fritz. Will a no vote cause the company to be liquidated? That outcome is even more unlikely, but liquidation is possible. Anything is possible in this industry.

Will the CWA and IAM be responsible for US Airways' demise if that happens? No. There is plenty of blame to go around, mostly on poor management for the past several years.

Management should never have gone for the pilots' parity plus one contract that the company could not afford. Management should have fixed the cost/revenue equation at this company long ago. Management should have worked to build a sustainable business and not pushed grandiose illusions that U was a global carrier of choice. But none of those things happened.

You and your fellow pilots had your say. Let your co-workers have theirs. And maybe just bite your tongue for a while.

Lather, rinse, repeat,... regurgitate, acid reflux, burp, boomerang.Any other adjectives to describe the nonstop repetitive please save my hide and the heck with your contract rhetoric? The old ones are getting..um...stale.

For the love of God!!... Enough already!!. Chip, put the branding iron away....your efforts are past the counter-productive level. You are approaching a point, where the failure of 'U is going to be labled as your fault. You were not coached or badgered during your choice making process. Allow the IAM the same hands off respect!! Get this through your head!!...Badgering is a negative....being informative is a positive . You have long surpassed the positive end of the subjects spectrum. Think of this , as a long overdue Cooling Off period. I think it's well earned by all!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/10/2002 1:20:08 AM pitguy wrote:

It doesn't matter anymore. I intend to vote no, but it is not all my fault. If it makes you feel better though you can blame it on me or whomever. I am truly sorry, but I can not see many mechanic votes for it. Time to move on. While things are still running I will do the best job I can and hope for the best with this mess, but I would say that it will not be a pleasant path. It is not the end of the world it just means we must find other work. There will still be plenty of joys in life. Heh and who knows maybe the we will get a fair deal in the end anyhow.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Dude....I love you man...

Hmmm if I am going to look for blame I am going to look at the root of this problem which goes back to 98 when management wanted the pilots to release the scope clause for RJ's..for a longtime proof of U losing their customers to delta and other carriers who has RJ's as these carriers increase their RJ's in U territory.,. Well all these went on deaf ears on all the sky gods..so here we stand....

Pilots are not in the position to dictate to any other work groups what is best for the company because they are the one who got us into this mess in the first place...

But I would appeal to the mechanics to do the noble thing and think of their fellow workers who needs their job ...WE are all in this together remember a little is better than nothing and in this world nothing is fair and we never ever get what we deserve ...